32 week scan - large baby and low placenta still....

Sarah_sun

Reaction score
So, today I had to return for another scan as it was thought that my placenta was low lying at my last scan. Placenta is posterior low and near the cervical os. Everyone kept assuring me that it would probably move by now but it obviously hasn't. I need to go back for another scan at 36 weeks to keep an eye on it and although I'm booked in for a C section I am quite anxious about it. Has anyone else had this?

Also, this appears to be a rather awkward baby and has hidden well away during all of the scans that we've had. This being the 6th! We've never changed the dates from my LMP as the measurements have always been hard to obtain. Today's scan suggested either a large baby, sitting on the 95th centile (I don't have GD and my previous three babies haven't been big babies). and him being an estimated weight of 4lb 13oz. The dates the system was suggesting given his measurements are 2 weeks further along than I am.

Has anyone heard of anyone having their dates moved forward at this stage?

Sorry for the ramblings, I'm just anxious as I'm booked in for my section at 39 weeks as my consultant really doesn't want me to go into natural labour due to risks and I'm worried with this placenta prevaria and ?l large baby/ ahead of dates that I may go into spontaneous labour....

Try not to worry too much-at my last scan baby was measuring a week ahead and I've got another scan on weds but I know that my dates can't be wrong.
If baby is still concerningly big at your next scan discuss with your consultant the option of bringing section forward-I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it after 37 weeks x

Thanks Emma. I should be more relaxed being my fourth child but everything has been so different in this pregnancy compared to the rest. I think being 37 aswell makes me more concerned.

I'm sure all will be ok but I can't help feeling a little neurotic :)

I know the feeling...this is number 5 but I've stressed and worried at the slightest thing. I think as you get older it's natural to worry more-I definitely didn't worry like this 17 years ago when o had my first xx

My last baby was on the 96th percentile and I too had lots of scans. I had more water too- but I'm not sure what that meant. I was just scared how big the big baby was going to be.... Which was 9.2, 3.2lb bigger than my baby before.

I delivered him v with a little help and healed quicker than my smaller babies. I also didn't have gd.

Hope it goes well. Xx

Hi I had placenta perveria with my first at 36 weeks and was told about risks and c section but they rescanned at 38 weeks and it had moved! It was still counted as low but far enough away to have natural birth, I was just consultant led and they would only do sweeps in hospital in case I bled which I never did. My friend had it with her second and had exactly same, even had c section booked in but at 38 weeks it suddenly moved loads and she isn't even consultant led anymore. We were both told that the chances of it moving so late was low. It is more of a concern if the placenta is covering the cervix and if you do have any signs of labour or blood just get up to hospital ASAP. I was really scared with mine but was no need, I think they scare us a lot but better to be safe and just know to keep check but sure you will be fine. Good luck! Xxx

I wouldn't be overly concerned about weight. My boy was estimated at 9lbs! He was only 7lbs 11 on duedste

I wouldn't worry about size at this point and unlikely they will move dates now. My daughter was 8lbs 8 born the day after her due date and I measured normal the whole time. This time round I've been measuring around 5 weeks ahead on my fundal heigh since 29 weeks. Just been to midwife this morning at 38+4 and I'm measuring 43 weeks. A scan last week estimated him at 8lbs 5 already with a stomach circumference of 42 weeks but doesn't mean my dates were wrong (impossible for them to be) it just means I've grown a big one this time in all likelihood. They aren't doing anything different, still just waiting til due date to see if he comes out on his own x

Thanks for all of your replies ladies. You've helped to put my mind at rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back