32 J in a GN - puzzle help needed!

debecca

Reaction score
Right, I've done ALL the others on the quiz and I can't get this one.

My initial suspicion was 32 Jumps in *the* Grand National but it's *a* GN, and also I looked it up and although there are 16 fences, only 14 of them are jumped twice so you get 30 jumps only.

Any ideas? I wanna win the £15! :cheer:

Ah, maybe I'll have to admit defeat or the other alternative is that the puzzle-setter is a div and doesn't know how many jumps there are in the Grand National...

lmao debecca i googled the answer and it came up with a thread on a teachers forum? :rotfl:

at least you got the answer :)

Yeah I've been posting this on all my forums - I'm quite shocked Google found my other post as it's only been up half an hour like this one!!

Anyway I didn't find the answer - there are in fact 30 jumps in the grand national but the puzzle setter has got it wrong.

Eejit.

I've spent WEEKS thinking about it :wall:

Er... don't think this is it... but it's worth a stab at it..

For every Guinea franc (GNF) there are about 32 Japanese Yen.. (JPY) (32.00 JPY=1,225.94 GNF)...current exchange rate is 38 but then as currency rates change often it depends when your question was written...

Just a random thought.. :think:

Is it 32 jumps in a GN or just 32 in a GN?

Maybe its jockeys in a grand national? how many horses are there? and do they have stand by jockeys?

?

aintree-course.gif

Theres your answer...it is 30.

I love a good quiz but I have no idea on this one...

give us some of the other questions!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back