31 weeks & not returning to work

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Ive been off on sick for a few weeks now & have made the decision not to go back before maternity. It means using my annual leave which will be 3 weeks less with baby next year. I feel soooooo guilty about this, feel really bad about it but i really dont think i could cope with work with the pain im having. Is anyone else off earlier than planned? Plus has anyone suggestions of what i could do to keep busy? Hope i dont go mad with the boredom before then x

I did exactly this, was off sick for 2wks from mid week 29... Then was signed off again so took maternity leave earlier at wk 31! I was bit worried to start with but my job was horrible and sooo stressful, glad I left now :) xxx

Tapatalking. X

I've been off since 24 weeks due to bad hip and back pain, I was due back but after some other problems I was signed off for longer and I now won't be going back before mat leave. Do check your works policy. I was going to take all my annual leave before baby arrives and I've been told I need a fit to work note from my GP to go straight from sick leave to annual leave. I spoke to my GP who said that she won't provide me with a fit to work note as I am not fit to work (even though I'm not actually going back). So I will be signed off sick until 36weeks where I will automatically be put onto mat leave, but all of my annual leave from this year will be carried over to next year and I can use it at the end of mat leave. I hope that makes sense! As for things to do, I have my LO to run around after so I'm not much help x

I never thought of that! Doc has now given me a 4 wk sick line but said if things changed i could go back earlier if i want. I plan on speaking to work next week to ask if its possible. really hope so as i need the full pay :( x

Do you not get full pay on sick leave? It makes it so hard. Definitely check, my GP just said that even though I was going to go straight onto annual leave she can't sign me back to work if I'm not fit which is fair enough. I'm lucky that I get 6months full pay on sick leave. Hope yo get things sorted x

Hun if h cant cope dont force urself!

I was due to leave 35wks woth a week holiday and then maternity starting week 37.
But i was signed off a 34wks for the week cos i really couldnt face work with my back and tiredness!!

Dnt feel bad. Remember u can use next yrs leave before u return aswell. And just see how money goes, u might be able to afford a few extra weeks off.

Do whats best for ur health atm! And i works guna put a downer on things dnt feel bad!! I didnt !!

Must admit it was nice have time off but im bored now waiting for him to arrive as theres nothing to really do in te house haha xx

I got made redundant at 13 weeks pregnant, I got a good pay out so wasn't too fussed, I've just had to budget and OH has been great. I've always worked so found the boredom so hard to deal with and got a bit down feeling pointless etc for a bit. But I've been doing some volunteering at my daughters school and just doing little bits at a time for when baby arrives instead of doing it all in one go as I would have before.

You shouldn't feel guilty, your health is the most important thing right now xxx

Do you not get full pay on sick leave? It makes it so hard. Definitely check, my GP just said that even though I was going to go straight onto annual leave she can't sign me back to work if I'm not fit which is fair enough. I'm lucky that I get 6months full pay on sick leave. Hope yo get things sorted x

Id previous sick leave before so now down to half pay. My gp is v good, but shes going off on a few weeks leave herself somight be stuck if work need something from gp. Oh im worried now x

Im very very lucky in the respect that ive got 4 weeks ( 20 days) left at woek. I then have summer holiday and then go in maternity sept. Im looking forward to resting up. X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

That's a shame. You do have todo what's right for you and baby though. I hope you get everything sorted x

You and the baby are the priority NOW hun so don't go back if it's too much and you're not well enough. You have to try and get as well as possible ad you'll need your strength for baby. Do not feel guilty, you can't plan these things, it's not your fault hun. Xxxx

I have 3 weeks left to work (takes me to week 34) then 4 weeks annual leave so mat leave starts at 38 weeks. However I am really struggling, groin and hip pain and my sciatica. I went to a study day yesterday and my feet were swelling, banging headache and tired. So considering going off sick until mat leave starts. Have another study day mon and if the same it will make my mind up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back