3 Weeks Pregnant flying on an unpressurised 1 hour flight

rainywilliams

Reaction score
Hello

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice about flying on a small plane which is an unpressurised plane.

I've been waiting to start trying for a baby as i suffer from chronic hypertension and had to change my medicine. Finally when i got my blood pressure settled, i got pregnant before flying on holiday in a few days. I am 3 weeks pregnant.

Initially i never had any doubts about flying but then i've realised i'm flying on a small plane which is unpressurised and some people's advice is not to fly when pregnant in an unpressurised plane.

I've spoken to the air company who said that they would be flying at a maximum of 10,000 feet but the flight is only 1 hour and will not be at 10,000 feet all the time.

Can anyone help me put my worries to rest? Not sure if the advice to not fly is for people who are in 3rd trimester but i understand being in the early weeks, you're vulnerable to miscarriage and wonder if this would make me at risk.

Any advice much appreciated.

My doctor has advised against long journeys in the first 12 weeks, but I'm not sure on the advice or unpressurised planes... What a dilemma! :-( xx

I flew all the time throughout my last pregnancy, mainly pressurized planes but also unpressurized planes, long haul and short haul, with absolutely no side effects or complications. My doctor said it was ok as I am healthy and it wasn't a high risk or complicated pregnancy.
I really don't want to advise you though, as have no idea on any possible effects of chronic hypertension in these circumstances. Check with your doctor for peace of mind x

Thanks Girlies. Will be speaking to my doctor today hopefully but if i can't go, it's going to be a bit of a mess trying to book a commerical flight at short notice. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back