3 weeks late and random spotting ?

Nadia23

Reaction score
I'm now 3 weeks late as of today with my period . I've spent stupid amounts on all different tests and had mixed results. I'll post pictures of some of them. I've taken 2 sainsburys tests which I've heard mixed reviews on but they both had very faint lines, these were taken just 2 days after my missed period. The other tests have looked pretty negative.
Today I decided to see what would happen if I took an ovulation test , it came out a clear positive .
I'm really stuck on what to do now as I hate the dissapointment when I get a bfn.
I've also had random spotting through these 3 weeks , it's varied from dark brown to a faded pink, it's been thick and nothing like a period and wouldn't soak a pad.
Usually I know when I'm getting a period as I get bad cramps and really moody, this just isn't like me at all.
I've also had symptoms like my boobs feel really full and look different, I've had funny tastes in my mouth and been super exhausted all the time.
My friend has told me to hold off with the tests as she was a month late before her bfp.
If anyone could share their experiences it would be good to hear if anyone has had similar to this :) xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 52
This is a pic of the ovulation test :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 22
I went when I was a week late and she tested but hers came up negative , she wasn't very helpful if I'm being honest , I'm 22 and she told me that I'm young and have plenty of time for kids which I found to be really rude as she sniggered while she said that to me. I feel doctors shouldn't be giving opinions like this as it's a personal choice. :( x

That is rude!! Is there a family planning clinic near you? There's usually one in a hospital, maybe you could go there and get their opinion? Or go by to the gp, af is three weeks late now, so surely they must have to look into it more? X

Do you think the sexual health clinic would be any good to go to? I think theirs family planning in there too!! Your totally right ! I'm really not wanting to go back to the surgery after how she was. Thank you for your reply , I hope I can find out what's going on soon xx

Yeah, they'll help :) .... is there a different doctor that you can see? X

To be honest my doctors surgery is pretty terrible at the moment , you've to call first then they call you back and decide wether to see you or not and if you can't do the time they give you for that day then you've to do the whole thing again the next day , it can take hours for them to call back as well😩 xx

That's terrible, I would find a new docs lol x yeah it's probably best to go sexual health clinic/family planning then :) x

If I'm being honest , years ago when I was desperately ttc and late with my period I used one of those blue cross tests , I saw a faint pos and got really excited , it turned out they were just rubbish tests , I was devastated . Id rely on the doctors test , or buy myself a frer - never ever let me down with a true result .
Your doctor was very insensitive though xx

I would try an first response, then if the results are negative, relax and enjoy carrying on trying... I hope that makes sense? I found that the stress of waiting and trying to work out if I was pregnant or not would play with my body.
I am not trying to sound negative as I totally understand how you feel.
We tried for two years to have a successful pregnancy. We had a miscarriage and nothing in between. I would test and test and test and wear myself out by stressing over results.
In my experience, although it's different for everyone, when it's positive, it's positive and as the days go on, it should generally get darker and darker. First response are the best for my body and seem to be for most people. It showed up 7 days before period was due, faintly, but then got darker and darker, until now when I still panic and check it's still there and it's immediately there, dark as anything.
Try to relax. So hard, but try. It will hopefully happen for you at the right time. I found that advice hard to take, but now I feel that it was good advice! I'm now 6 weeks pregnant, not taking anything for granted and much more relaxed. That is how I believe it happened.
Good, good, good luck and enjoy the trying, as I say! Maybe see a nurse if this carries on? They are better than doctors I think, with things like this. They take your emotions into account better.
Hope this all makes sense and if it is your BFP time, I hope something tells you soon!
Xxx

Thank you so much for this lovely message , it's really cheered me up! I phoned the doctor today but they said theirs nothing they can do for me as they have referred me for an ultrasound and biopsy now , I don't really want a biopsy as I feel if I was pregnant what would happen if they done that ! So if they do the scan first that would be best but she said theirs no particular order. I'm still spotting with no period , I'd much rather the period just came now and I could try again. It's so infuriating huh?!
Congratulations on your pregnancy 💕 it must be such an amazing feeling!
I keep looking at everyone's posts when they get their bfp and get so emotional lol!!
Hopefully one day I can join in with they posts ! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back