3 Month old feeding and routine

strongminded

Reaction score
Hi All

My son will be 3 months on 1st January. He is formula fed and currently drinks between 2 to 4.5oz every 2 to 3hours. This goes on day and night..he has never slept fo more than 3.5hrs during the night at one go.

During the day time he has the feed play sleep routine and at night he has a bath at 7.30pm massage feed and sleep but he wakes up every 2.5 to 3 hours still.

Anyone else relate to this. Any advice to get him to sleep abit longer at night will be appreciated

That's totally normal... babies sleep longer at the night at their own pace..

Sounds normal to me. My 4 1/2 month old is still waking every 3 hours ish at night for a feed. My oldest daughter didn't stop waking every 2-3 hours a night until almost a year and trust me I tried everything to get her to sleep longer, nothing worked lol. X

Last edited:
I can't remembwr exactly what I did, my LO is 16 month now but I always made sure he was awake by 7am for his first feed of the day... then I would try feed him every 4 hours, he would have around 6-7 oz at 3 month. He would have his last feed at 6.30pm and I would dream feed him at 11pm which would make him sleep through til 7am, if he did wake before that he usually wasn't hungry so I would still leave the bottle til 7am to keep the feeding routine. Didn't always go to plan but I tried my best to keep to that feeding schedule! It really worked for him he slept really well but all babies are different Hun. I kept that dream feed until he was on solids! He still has a bedtime bottle now at 16month old, I feel awful taking it away as he asks for it when he's had his Bath! Good luck Hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back