3 month old baby humming?

Sarah3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help, my baby boy is 15 weeks old and for the last couple of days has started a strange sort of humming. Its a sort of monotone 'hmmm hmmm hmmm' ( reminds me a little of an owl but a hmm instead of a whooo).
Im not sure if this is boredom, his reflux causing him pain, tiredness etc and its got me worried ...could it be a reaction to the heat? There doesnt seem to be anything else, nappies are fine, he's taking his feeds as well as ever etc.

Im kind of hoping that youre all going to say that i must be a first time mum, and this is normal baby behaviour :)

He hasnt done it yet this morning but he's been asleep.

Thanks in advance

They make all sorts of weird and wonderful noises!

James used to do a mixture of humming and blowing rasberries - he looked like he was playing the trumpet.

I think they like the feel of it (the vibrations)

It's totally normal :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Could he just be finding his voice? Does he coo yet?

If he's happy in himself i would just assume he's found a new noise he likes the sound of!

x xx

Thats what i was hoping for - thank you so much!

I was a worrier even before LO was born, so now i have twice as much to worry about :)

He is a little chatterbox in general, has been making all sorts of little squeals and gurgles for a while now...i think its cos it seems like such a strange noise compared to all the others, and he's been a bit grumpier (but he got a little grumpier last time there was a burst of hot weather, and his reflux is getting worse, so im putting it down to that) and the noise seemed 'grumpy' if that makes sense...anyhoo im babbling :)

daughter used to hum and blow raspberry's when reflux was bad I was told it was a comfort thing and it increases saliva which is neutralising the acid x

Awww, my poor baby...well if its that then at least its nothing new to worry about - got to go back to the doctors next week anyway (we were told to wait a couple of weeks with the ranitidine to see if it worked before we can go back and get a referal...then the appointment will be a month away :( ) So i'll mention it then, as so far the ranitidine doesnt seem to be helping - i thought it was for a few days, then everything went downhill again.

Im hoping the reflux is just 'peaking' and it'll get better after that...wishful thinking i know :)

Im not sure if this post entirely makes sense as its so warm today i think my braincells are melting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back