3 days late, spotting on day period due. Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Tangerine, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine New Member

Hi ladies! I was hoping you could help me figure this out... I'm now 3 days late for my period, on the day my period was due I had a little blood down below and assumed it was my period... But then I had nothing else at all.. Is it possible this is implantation bleeding? I always thought this happened earlier than the day the period is due...

Me and my other half had sex whilst I was ovulating and I got thrush the next day (the only time I have had thrush before was after we conceived our now 2 year old). I took a test today and it was negative, but is it even possible to be positive if the blood 2 days ago was indeed implantation bleeding?

I am so confused!!! Im also worried as i have been drinking wine some evenings and ive always held a strict no drinking during pregnancy rule :shock: Any help would be much appreciated... Thank you in advance! :)

#1 Tangerine, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

It would take a test 2-3 days to be positive after implantation. Retest in a couple of days if AF still doesn't show. Good luck x

3. Tangerine

Tangerine New Member

Thanks! I don't want to get my hopes up yet just in case... I bought 5 packs of pregnancy tests today and I'm not sure when to take them... :whistle:

4. J_Anne

J_Anne Well-Known Member

I had spotting the day my period was due, tested the day after and my little girl is 16 weeks old on Tuesday!! :) good luck, fingers crossed for you.x

5. Tangerine

Tangerine New Member

I just got so excited after reading that, I went and tested... and it's negative :( is it still possible that I am or definitely not?

I know I did one earlier, but ... I'm so impatient ... Lol

#5 Tangerine, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  6. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

Good luck hun xx

7. J_Anne

J_Anne Well-Known Member

Aww sorry hun! I'm not brilliant with timings etc but is imagine it would still be possible if it was implantation bleeding. Test again in a few days.x

8. rhainephyre

rhainephyre Member

My last heavy period was last month, from june 2 to 10 2014.. then, my husband and I were sexually active however we are still avoiding to get a baby for we were just a couple of weeks married.. my hubby always make sure that he is using protection (condom). However, on the week june 24th I had this dark spots on my undies and it lasted for 6-7 days, and i had these bloodstains in my pants twicr.. . It was a week before my expected period... searching the internet, I found out that implantation bleeding only lasts for 2-3 days, and the volume is not enough to penetrate fabrics to cause unwanted bloodstains.. the bolume of my bleedin is very very little compared to my normal period! And my pregnancy test indicates negative as well. If i am not pregnant, then what is it?

Please help me understand what happened to me. I am really confused.