3/5 engaged!

buggy1

Reaction score
Just got back from a check up with my mw. She didn't say a lot but I've just got in and read my notes and she's written 3/5ths under 'eng' and 'lie' says long

Is that a good sign or does it not really mean anything?

yeah!

Its either her head is 3/5th engaged into pelvis and only 2/5th left to go.
or 2/5th engaged and 3/5ths left to go..
Not all MWs mean the same thing. did she say which way around she meant? x

Last edited:
Well she did my antenatal class last week and explained it as in doing it the wrong way round from what you would expect because the babies head is upside down and that is what they can feel so I'm hoping she means we're almost there and at 2/5ths the head will be fully engaged. Bit confusing though isn't it.

Still, I'm pleased whatever, it shows she is getting ready!

Theres some babies that are known to be free and not engaged at all until labour! So 3/5ths is good ehich ever way around it is hun :)
Shes on the right track! xx

We never got further than 3/5ths engaged!

I think this is pretty common, especially with first time Mum's.

xxxxxxx

Awww really!! cos i was 3/5ths at 38wk app last thurs!
Does that mean im fully engaged then hun?xx

Last edited:
My book says it goes from 3/5ths to fully engaged, so once they can only feel 2/5ths they say engaged and if they feel 1/5th or less they say deeply engaged!

I wonder if I should notice 'lightening' then? I'm still getting really short of breath quite easily :shock:

Oh apparently you should feel a little lighter in that you can eat more without feeling so full and breathe easier because the baby has moved down and is no longer squashing your stomach and lungs!

whats lightening hun??? x

When baby moves down and you can breathe more easily.
Wish mine wud engage baby has been head down for ages but not engaged in fact on growth scan was sucking its thumb still x

ohhhh!!
i do find im eating alot more again lmao! but thought that was be being greedy!
I havent had heartburn for a good week or so now either, and he doesnt really kick my ribs anymore, always to the right side of me instead.
But i do still get the occasional boot in the ribs and his bum is still high up!
but hes very long so ive been told on scans lol xx

I never felt lightening as I never had any trouble breathing or eating lol, bub didn't interfere with any of my organs at all so I never noticed when he dropped.. SIL noticed it with both her babies though.

xxxxx

Last edited:
ooh I'm 2\5 engaged, shes ready and waiting lol. I just wish she would show some signs of coming out! I am able to eat a lot more lately though xx

Oh I'm still getting a bit of heartburn and shortness of breath and feeling full easily. Must have a long baby in there!

Hopefully she will get bored of being squashed and come out sooner rather than later lol

Thanks for the picture babyslog. Ive never really understood how they can tell how engaged the baby is! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back