2WW - tips for delaying testing

Lou1103

Reaction score
If there is one thing TTC has taught me, it's that i have zero willpower!!! I am 10 days DPO and i NEED to test!!!!
I know i shouldn't as i made the mistake of testing early in April and had a chemical (i would never have known if i had just been patient) and i was ok last month because i didn't buy any tests and AF showed up on time but this month i have been 'organised' aka obsessive and bought 4 tests and i am struggling to stay strong.

Any tips for putting it off?

Xxx

I know the theory, but yet have been unable to put it into practise myself - I am the world's worst for testing early - i start at 7dpo! oops.

1 - do not buy any tests (stay away from test isle at supermarket)
2 - do no keep a pee cup in your bathroom
3- quickly run in the loo and do the wee before you have a chance to test! (I like that one!)

I need all the help I can get as when I am next in my 2ww I don't want to test at all!

Thank you for the tips, definitely going to try the running to the bathroom as soon as i need the toilet!!

I've just thought of another one, keep your tests in a room as far from your toilet as possible lol and maybe if we get tempted we'll wet ourselves on the way to the other room (not many people will see that as a positive :p) xxx

i am 8dpo and also in need to poas dont no why i was doing well but today i have been reading the bfp threads and its got me wanting to test HELP !

My oh wont let me buy a test unless I'm late which helps me a lot but he's away this week so I have the car and it's taking all my willpower to stop me buying some sneaky ones.

Its awful isnt it lol. I think im gonna cave and do one tomorrow :/ i don't know i've worked myself up this month i feel pregnant. Dont know if i want to end the ignorant bliss yet :/ i feel so much more motivated and i know that will stop again if i get bfn. Sighhh xxx

I have a rule about only testing with FMU so I always figure if I can get that pee out the way without testing then that's another day done. I tell myself that testing any other time of day is pointless incase hcg isn't strong enough and I don't wanna waste tests!!! I use the run to the loo and just do it method within this plan lol. I think I'm like 7/8 dpo (trying not to count specifically) and already feeling tempted! Lol

I've had a couple things this month that are a bit odd which makes it worse because I'm sat here wondering if they're good signs. Feel like I'm wishing the week away. Good luck if you do cave tomorrow x

Thats a good idea with FMU. If i get up really early tomorrow with any luck i'll be half asleep and go to the toilet on auto pilot and by the time i wake up itll be too late. Thats my plan lol.

Yeah the 'feelings' dont help at all lol we're so pessimistic, understandable though. It would be lovely if our bodies answered our wishes this month :) thank u xxx

I tested yesterday and today. Im 12dpo today so i'm sure something would show if i was but bfn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back