2nd Wife

Ali

Reaction score
My partner has three children from a previous relationship and although none of them were planned, he loves them very much and I wouldnt change that for the world. I never thought he would want anymore, but one night he told me he did, so now I am 39 weeks. Now he doesnt seem as interested as he was in the beginning. He tells me hes excited, and sometimes it seems like he is, but at times he seems like he couldnt be less interested. Also when we are choosing equipment I never seem to get much input as he always has a reason from the past for why we should or shouldnt buy. Everyone seems to think it must be great having a Dad whos seen it and done it all, but having to listen to all the baby stories with his ex really seems to take the special element out of the pregnancy. I feel like im constantly being compared to her and am worried my little one will be compared to how his other three were. Is there anyone else in a relationship like mine as I could really use some advice on how to deal with this. I know I should talk to him, and I have tried, but its turned into quite a touchy subject. Any advice would be appriciated.

This is a hard one. You need to let him know how you feel, but don't make a big deal of it. Tell him you want it to feel new and exciting - it IS new and exciting, because it's the first time you and him have had a baby together! He maybe doesn't realise that his 'seen it all before' attitude is bothering you - he's probably trying to be helpful...blokes are weird like that...

Hang in there!

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. I am going to try talking to him again, just trying to find the right time as I am only two days away from my due date and am finding myself VERY emotional!!

Thanks Again
Ali

Hi Lynn. I did manage to talk to him eventually and get a few things sorted out. I think his family have a large part to play in all of this as they have the attitude that he cannot buy things/treat this baby any differently from the others, where as I think this would be impossible to do. He does see it from my point of view and I think he is doing his best to try and keep everyone happy. Im glad its all sorted now as Mark made his arrival on the 28th March and it was a very special moment for both of us, and I have to admit, having someone to keep me right on the basics has been quite helpful! :wink:
Alice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back