2nd time high risk x

Chrissy221

Reaction score
Im about 9 weeks pregnant now and due in october..had my booking in appointment and my bloods were done last week..scan is on the 7th of april im looking forward to that and making sure the baby is okay...

Im just so scared this time round.. my son was born 6 weeks premature and i never really understood why.. im high risk because of this and scared it will happen again..they are making an appointment with a specilist just not sure.what they will do ?

Also i had gestational diabeties in my last pregnancy too and i need to test from.16 weeks then every 4 weeks after..

Feel so tired atm just hope this will go as smooth as.it can just seeing if anyone else has been in this situation or is in the same.situation as me x

I had my daughter 4 weeks early but she was born by emergency C-section due to pre-eclampsia. I remember during my second pregnancy, when they scanned, they also checked the length of my cervix as a short cervix can indicate a higher risk of premature birth. It might be the consultant will check this? It was done with an internal ultrasound. There may be other things they can do too.

I was high risk because of my previous pregnancy, but ended up with gestational diabetes and so under a different consultant! All I will say is that I felt well looked after. I saw my midwife every week from 30 weeks onwards, had growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks and appointments with my consultant. It was all very reassuring.

I still.havent got a letter about seeing a specilist the midwife seamed like it was important and to book it straight away but she couldnt get through so she said they will write to me.. this was the beginning of the month.

Not sure if they wait till ive had my scan never had to see a specilist until i was 30 weeks last time.x

I had my first consultant appt at 28 weeks then have seen her every 4 weeks since-don't know if this will be the same for you x

I had my first consultant appointment at 16 weeks, so a few weeks after my first scan.

Got my letter the other day i have to see the consultant on the 23rd may i guess that makes me 17 weeks. I guess we have all had different previous pregnancy so they will talk about different things. Im.14 weeks the end of this week. The further i go the more scared i get that this one will be early.. i need to be prepared abit more then last time i guess 2nd time round you know whats worth taking to the hospital and whats not x

Last edited:
My midwife has advised me that I will see the consultant this time at 18 weeks. On my last pregnancy, I had to request to see the consultant and that was around 24/26 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back