2nd preg, not going well...im not taking care of the baby like i should :(

MrsKLloyd

Reaction score
I don't really know where to start, I've been feeling this way for a while now like im not looking after the baby well enough.

When preg with reu my son I took folic acid everyday, ate well, excerdized well, slept enough and bonded with him in my tummy from day 1 of finding out!
....with this preg, it wasn't planed only found out as went in to change meds n they tested as I was so poorly. I'm not remembering folic acid everyday, my diet is terrible for fruit n can only eat weird stuff lol n often, feel so poorly all the time n always tired but hardly sleep. I'm not taking to or having a conection with it like I did reu n my husband is the same he forgets im preg so this is stressing me out....

Is this baby going to be ok?! Will I bond with it when its here?!

I know you feeling detached right now but once you have you scan you will be able to see the little babe and they melt your heart away to them x

Also stop worrying its bad for baby just relax and take your time, I'm so shattered too I barely want to drag my butt out of bed in the morning. But as my OH never gets up with my son I have to x

I think you might be in a bit of shock hunny. How long ago did you get your bfp? Have you got your scan date yet?

I went through a whole load of emotions in tri 1, and I am ashamed to admit even though I tried for so long to fall pregnant I even kind of resented the fact that my life is really gonna change. The hormones won't be helping, they make everything feel so raw sometimes.

:hug: I'm sure everything will turn out just fine xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like shock to me as well ..just take your time hun , im still having days where i wonder what the hell im doing why i dont feel closer to the babe and even doubting if babe is really there .. im sure once you start to feel a little better you will begin to bond with your baby ...sometimes it takes time all pregnancy's are different and cause different feelings anyway.

try not to stress and know you are doing the best you can at this moment

Don't beat yourself up hun, it's really hard work being pregnant and looking after a LO and having all the worries and anxieties on top about how you'll cope with two LOs!

I'm only now managing to eat fruit a bit more, but it does still make me feel sick afterwards alot of the time!

Just take one day at a time and don't worry yourself too much coz you're doing fab I promise xxxxx

You really shouldnt be so worried about how your feeling, personally i think its entirely normal!! I am 31 weeks pregnant and I havnt exercised once!! I simply dont have the energy to do so, and I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Yes I know that ideally i should be doing it but Ive been to tired the whole way through. Fact is, if i pushed myself to exercise I would end up even mpre tired, and there cant be anything good in having a completely shattered pregnant mum ryt?!? I also havnt had the best diet. Ive eaten what I want when I want. Im not a strong believer in the 5 a day thing anyways so maybe thats why im not to worried by this, but surely if im craving something its because my body needs it?!? just a thought, but i think we can tell alot by cravings and what we do and dont want to eat. Our bodies are able to make so many changes to enable us to carry a baby, so it must know if we need something and give us a sign.. Anyways im rambling on and i dont mean to be, i just want you to see there is no reason to feel bad about your actions as they seem the same as mine and my lo is fine :)
Also I found it really hard to bond with him, up until very recently!! I couldnt get my head round the fact that this was actually happeneing for a start and once i had, the last thing i could bring myself to do was talk to the lo etc, it just felt to strange for myself..
Keep your chin up hunni you will be absolutely fine!! xXx

Thanks ladies,

I already had scan which we thought was 12 weeks but was showing at 8.
Another scan Wednesday.
Just think I want to feel happier and more bonded to baby like I am with son, hopefully it will happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back