2nd ectopic, and still not over**UPDATE**

Daisyboo

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a quick bit of background about me.In Feb I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and I lost my right tube.I found out was pregnant again end of June, then 2 weeks ago started having a lot of pain and ended up in hospital with another ectopic.they went in with laporoscapy and turned out it was on my right side again as there was a little nub of tube attached to uterus and had somehow made its way there.Straight after surgery I was rushed back to theatre as my uterus had ruptured and was bleeding internally so they did a big cut this time.My HCG levels were 24000 before surgery and dropped to 2400 after,but they are still monitoring me and in they have not dropped at all since so I have been called back for scan tomorrow.I have no idea what will happen tomorrow and its all getting too much for me,its 1 thing after another.
Pointless post really just felt like I needed to get it all out and if anyone has had anything similar happen what did they do??

Last edited:
I don't have any experience of ectopic but just wanted to say I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope they give you some answers tomorrow x

Aww I am so sorry to hear you have been going through this rotten time. I really hope you get some answers tomorrow so you can finally begin to heal and move on.
Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Michelle x

So sorry to hear this and hope you have loved ones around you for support! Hoping you find some advice/answers and all the best for future xxxx

Sorry you are going through such a hard time. I just suffered a loss and almost died with internal bleeding after a dodgy surgery so not quite the same. My sister a few years ago had 2 ectopics a few weeks apart they said was twins and one was missed during the first surgery and her levels didn't drop. Hope you get your answers tomorrow. Hugs xxx

how awful for you. I only have experience of an ectopic that successfully managed medically (with methotrexate). your situation sounds much much worse. All I can suggest is don't make any decisions now, just get yourself through this first then see how you feel.
x

thanks for the replies ladies, i am wondering whether they will tell me i have to have the methotrexate tomorrow.x

Don't worry if you have to have it, apart from shedding skin like a snake for the first few days, i didn't really have much in the way of side effects from it. I really hope you don't have to go through anything more now though. x

Sorry I can't help with answers but I just wanted to say hope everything goes ok and sorry you've had such a rough time xxx

Well have had my scan and they can see something but not really sure what it is, could just be an area of bleeding they just don't know. They told me on the phone yesterday my HCG levels were the same but found out they have actually gone up. I have to go back tomorrow and have the methotrexate injection. I thought this is what they would say and so was expecting that but the reality of it started hitting as they were taking my bloods. I know my baby has gone but I feel like I am letting them kill my baby tomorrow. I know im being silly but I am in such a mess and don't know if I can keep this brave face on any longer.

Your not being silly at all, i had a major wobble about the idea of "killing" the baby too. However, you have seen how sick this situation can make you - it kills women having ectopic pregnancies, so you have to focus on this, you are important too! x

Your not being silly at all, i had a major wobble about the idea of "killing" the baby too. However, you have seen how sick this situation can make you - it kills women having ectopic pregnancies, so you have to focus on this, you are important too! x
thankyou for your kind words xx

Big hugs. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly for you. This bean wasn't meant to be I wish you all the luck for a sticky bean in the right place next time hun xxxx

Well I had methotrexate last week and my hcg went up from 2800 to 4000 so have to go back for another scan tomorrow and another dose of methotrexate. Seems like there is no end in site!!

It took a week for my levels to stop going up and start dropping but when they did drop it happened really fast, hope they can hold the second dose. How are you doing? Was the first dose ok? x

the first dose was fine, had no side effects at all.i actually had a photo call on Saturday afternoon from my epu telling me to go straight to sau and be prepared to be taken back to theatre! I was so upset and convinced myself if they had to go in again then they would end up taking everything away.luckily the guy from gyne said as i was showing no immediate signs of rupture i could go home as long as i did absolutely nothing.

How's it gone this week? Hope you are ok and levels have dropped now. x

hi thanks for asking.i had the methotrexate on Wednesday and go back again for bloods on sat and tue, so hoping for some good news.up to yet i have had no side effects so hoping that continues!x

Hey,
Only just read this, i had a suspect ectopic in June and the thought of what you're going through terrified me. I didn't have to have the metroxolate (sp?) in the end but was so scared of it in case theyd made a mistake (i knew they hadnt but you can't help it).

Pleased everything is going as well as it can for you hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back