2dpo spotting but trying not to get hopes up...

ceebee

Reaction score
Had spotting before and during ovulation which has happened before, but I'm now 2dpo and I've had quite a bit of red spotting this morning on loo paper and I don't remember having that before.... Trying not to speculate too much about it, but unfortunately am failing miserably at that right now! Can't believe I've got another 13-14 days to go before I know anything...

Does anyone else have experience of spotting this early on after ov?? xx

Sometimes when the follicle bursts through it can cause spotting which is a good sign of Ov but no experience of it myself. Fx for jan!x

Hey! Sounds like it could be the ovulation causing the spotting - unless you miscalulated your ovulation - is there any chance the ovulation could have been a couple of days earlier as then perhaps this could be implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding wouldnt normally happen until at least 6-7dpo and even that would be very early for it. Much more likely to get an implantation bleed at around 12dpo.

x x x

Hey! Sounds like it could be the ovulation causing the spotting - unless you miscalulated your ovulation - is there any chance the ovulation could have been a couple of days earlier as then perhaps this could be implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding wouldnt normally happen until at least 6-7dpo and even that would be very early for it. Much more likely to get an implantation bleed at around 12dpo.

x x x

Thanks LaraM but I'm pretty certain I had my ov on Wed - had positive opk and high CBFM on Tues + EWCM, so am as sure as I can be - plus my temperature went up the day after.... Guess I'll just have to wait and see... :confused: x

cee bee- have you had a full temp shift now to confirm ov date?

Ceebee, anymore spotting? How many DPO are you now? How long are you going to wait until you test this cycle? x

Hi Lara - still spotting I'm afraid :( Have had issues with spotting before, but not this much... Could be a medication I'm on and I also have a fibroid. Just a bit worrying when you're ttc. I'm only 5dpo now - seems like ages still to wait! As my cycle is a bit irregular, I'm probably not going to test until next Thursday - such a long time to wait! How you getting on? xx

Well I am 4dpo and really hopeful this time, although I ama hopeful most months!
I had an issue with spotting at the end of last year. Interestingly, after swabs, it turned out I had a minor stapholococcus infection (sorry I dont know if thats the spelling) and it was irritating my uterus lining and causing spotting. From brown, to red, to a bit gloopy on and off. Doc said it was probably due to getting a bit run down. Anyway, might be worth asking for general swabs.
I have pcos and an ovarian cyst so it would have been easy just to put the spotting down to that but i knew it was a bit different. Anyway the antibiotics cleared it all up nicely and havent spotted since.

ooooh next thursday! Thats a long time to wait! Is that when af is due?
I am thinking I might test on sunday even though I know thats too early at 10dpo x x

Hi Lara :) that's interesting about the infection you had - I might suggest it to my doc, however am thinking it's more likely to be the medication i'm on as one of the side effects is 'menstrual irregularities' - gonna try and come off it I think as it's causing me more problems than it's helping... My af should be here latest next Thursday, which is ages, but I don't want to test before that as it more likely than not to end in dissapointment and ends up costing loads in pregnancy tests! I know they say 10dpo is the earliest but as I said, I'm not too hopeful this month anyway, so will probably wait it out... Will see how it goes tho' - might crack at the last minute!! Good that you're hopeful anyway :) i'll keep my fx for you xx

ps - is that you in the profile pic? Been meaning to say, it'a really cool pic :) x

Last edited:
ha yeah, profile pic me trying to be positive in the sunshine! lol

Definitely ask about general swabs for the spotting, the GP can do a load at once. Tell you an awful lot of stuff, can also tell you about strep b, internal thrush, bv etc. all of which you may not be symptomatic of but are worth being clear of before commencing a pregnancy.

I will defintely crack and test before long I know it. But only once. then if its a BFN early on then I will wait til AF due!! x

You look like some kind of explorer in the jungle lol! ;) Love it! Sorry haven't replied sooner as haven't been on pf for a while as have been pretty busy. I've started coming of the meds today, so once I'm off them, if the spotting continues, then I'll speak to the gp about swabs... I think I had some not too long ago for something else, but will double check... Am still spotting today, which is I'm not hopeful this month about a bfp (with reference to your other post) - I mean I'm sure I've lost have the lining in my uterus by now I've been spotting so much - wouldn't be anything left for a baby to grow in... :( Oh well, hopefully coming off the drugs will help and then it's onwards and upwards....

So you're 5dpo now - 5 more days til testing!! Can't remember if you told me - how long you been ttc?? xx

Hey Ceebee!
Do you mind me asking what meds you are on that might be making you spot? I was also on some that had that listed as a side effect?
How heavy is the spotting? I know what you mean about losing all the lining. With my last chemical pregnancy I had beenspotting quite a bit, I was still pregnant, BUT when we got to the scan, my lining was pretty patchy. We then found out I had that stapholococcus infection and that had probably been irritating my lining. Makes me wonder whether things might have been different if I hadnt had that blinkin infection, but I guess some things we wil never know.

Well I think I am probably 6dpo. 5 or 6 its hard to tell. Depends how quickly I ovulated after the pos OPK. My temps rose gradually (well kind of more in steps) so I wasn't convinced on when ov day was.

Sooooo addicted to POAS. I really want to hold out until at least Sunday.

I had reflecology last night again to relax and the lady if helping me to balance my hormones.

This morning I woke up absolutely exhausted. I am seeing that as a good sign, but I would have hoped my boobs would have been sorer by now. Who knows.

Been trying to conceive on and off. 2 years in total. With two chemical pregnancies last year.

My gynae has now told me she thinks I just need to catch ONE good egg!!! Lets hope so.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back