28 weeks measuring 30 weeks?

Tina18

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So I went to hospital today because I had reduced movement and they hooked me up to the machine, all was ok but when she measured me she said that I was 30 weeks and I should be 28.

My Oh said maybe I need to be careful what I eat, I am generally pretty good but have a very sweet tooth :-(.

I have midwife appt tomorrow so I will see what she says, has anybody had this?

Also do you get the glucose test automatically?

Thanks all xx

Yeah I had this all the way through my second pregnancy. I didn't eat anymore than my first pregnancy the baby was just bigger. Only 8lb though. Oh and it depends on your individual circumstances as to whether you get the guculose test. I didn't

Last edited:
Hey huni!

I was measuring 2-4 weeks ahead on Both the boys!! They sent me for a growth scan as although as you know they were both 9lbers born, i also just had a big bump lol!

So dont worry too much! Could just be that your carrying more water. I noticed some weeks it evened out, some i didnt grow at all and then id have a big growth spurt!

I wasnt offered the GT test, normally its if your over weight when you have your booking in then they will
Offer at 28-30 wks , or if family history of diabetes then they offer.
Otherwise you wont have it xxx

Glad baba is all ok have your monitoring xxxxx

Last edited:
I measured 3 weeks ahead at 28 weeks and about 2 weeks ahead the measurement after. I didn't get sent for growth scan after the 28 week measurement..I may of after the 2nd one but I was sent for growth scan then anyway due to reduced movement.
I'm 36+5 now and the last couple measurements have been just above 50th centile and baby is measuring just below 50th centile so for me it meant nothing lol. It can change depending on how baby is lying etc and different midwives measuring. It hasn't correlated at all to my growth scans either really..my first growth scan was just above 10th centile and that was when bump was 3 weeks ahead, when bump was 2 weeks ahead she jumped to 90t centile and then when bump was measuring pretty much spot on she went down to just below 50th. Midwives and consultant said fundal height can be really inaccurate xxx

Thanks for all your replies girls really appreciate it! Went to my midwife today and she measured me 33 weeks!! Got a glucose test and scan next Tuesday now

I'm measuring a week ahead too got a glucose test on Tuesday too I've only gained 8 pounds in whole prrgnancy so I'm hoping I'm just carrying big lol x

I had the same.
Midwife measured me at one of my appointments. I was measuring 32 weeks when I should of been 28.
Went for my growth scan and baby is right on track same with my second growth scan on Friday. Don't worry hun xxx

Thanks girls! Had my scan today and baby was a week ahead, she said babies tummy was measuring bigger and had really long legs! Everything else fine on scan! It's weight is about 3.5 pounds apparently, I was 29 weeks yesterday! She said that based on measurements now he/she should be 8.8 pounds at birth!

Was so cute seeing his/her face I could see it so clearly even though it wasn't 4d - it defo had my nose hehe!!

They will call me tomorrow with glucose results so fingers crossed it's negative! Xxxxx

glad everythigs ok fingers crossed the GTT comes back ok!

i had the same this morning, im 29 weeks and measuring 31 weeks, apparently his shoulders are measuring above average, need to go back at 34 weeks and determine if today's measurements were slightly out or if a c section will be needed!

had GTT all came back negative xx

I also had this. I went in for reduced movements at just under 28 weeks and my bump measured 30. I was sent for a scan as it was too early to do a ctg and the scan measured the baby to be 32 weeks.
It's got a big head, long legs, big tummy...big in general. My gtt came back clear. I had a scan at 32 weeks and baby is still measuring ahead but it's following the 96th centile line. I have another scan at 36 weeks but my bump is still measuring ahead and at 35 weeks it's measuring almost 38 weeks.
My eldest daughter was born ay 38+5 and weighed 8lbs2. I was 10lbs at birth. So i think it's just genetic in many cases.

Last edited:
Wow I think we all have big bays then! I think she said mine was following 80 or 85th centile?! Not sure what it means though lol!

Hospital said that if I don't hear from them today then I don't have diabetes, I kinda wish they would just call though so I can Hearn the words!

If the midwife keeps measuring me higher at appointments, will I keep on having to go for scans? Xxx

My bump measured huge my last two pregnancies. I did have two rather large boys of 11lbs and 10lbs 5oz but I was somethinglike 5 weeks ahead on my fundal height, lol.

nice to see its quite common! was the perfect timing for my OH to remind me he was 10lb and his niece last year was 10lb2!

Bunny - did you manage to have natural births?

Tina - ive got an app at 35 weeks, they said 34 and 36 so i'll see what they say at 35. they said i could go for natural but there were 3 outcomes, everything is fine, he damages nerves which could have debilitating affects or he doesnt survive. no brainer really...
i think if you are still measuring big they will scan you again and take an average, they said yesreday theres a 12-16% discrepancy in the measurements so you maybe completely in the 'normal' range!

xx

nice to see its quite common! was the perfect timing for my OH to remind me he was 10lb and his niece last year was 10lb2!

Tina - ive got an app at 35 weeks, they said 34 and 36 so i'll see what they say at 35. they said i could go for natural but there were 3 outcomes, everything is fine, he damages nerves which could have debilitating affects or he doesnt survive. no brainer really...
i think if you are still measuring big they will scan you again and take an average, they said yesreday theres a 12-16% discrepancy in the measurements so you maybe completely in the 'normal' range!

xx

Ahh I see, it's mad I just wish they could scan you every 2 weeks from 30! Would make me feel so much at ease! Next midwife appt when I'll be 31 weeks! Let me know how your appointments go ! Xxx

I always measured two or three wks ahead with my first. They expected 10lbs but she was 8lbs8.

This time round i had mw measure me and growth scan on same day. I measured 32 weeks at 28 weeks! But the measurements from the scan put baby just above 50th percentile and measured 28 exactly so don't worry. I was measured today at 35 weeks but im only 30+3 so i think it depends on where baby is lying too. A tape measure isn't the best way to predict babys size and neither are the scans tbh. xxx

Sorry I missed this. Yes I had natural births. My hardest labour was my 1st and she was the smallest. With my boys things were quite straight forward. I didn't even have stitches.

will do! Tina keeps up updated also!

Bunny - thats reassuring, i really want a natural delivery :(

i had a 4d scan on Saturday and judging by his chubby cheeks i dont think the measurements are wrong lol

Attachments

• teddy.jpg
    teddy.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3
When pregnant with our second we realized it was going to be a big baby. I read an article online about being diagnosd with a big baby being a bigger risk factor than actually giving birth to one as it basically makes doctors too intervention happy. I found the evidence quite convincing and decided in the end not to do a growth scan as it would only worry me and everyone else. I admit 11lbs at birthing was a bit of a surprise, I wasn't expecting quite that big! I was in active labour about 12hrs but after 27hrs with my first that seemed short. The only issue we has was at the beginning of pushing he seemed to be stuck on my pelvis and after about 45mins of pushing nothing had happened. I had a great MW who got me to changing positions a couple of times his head suddenly came down and he was born quickly after that.

With our last one who was 10lbs 5oz I had a long time of early labour contractions that were pretty mild but once they got going it was onlyabout 5hrs until he was born. His labour was the most intense but I somehow went from 5cm to birth in less than an hour. With him we had a scan at 38 weeks for other reasons and the sonographer was very impressed by his size but it didn'tscare us so much after things going well with our other DS's birth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back