25 Week MW Appointment

DebbieM

Reaction score
We had our 25 week appointment yesterday which went well. She is a very nice woman and very informative and a good listener - which we both like.

She did my BP, then did it again as she'd forgotten to write it down and couldn't remember what it was LOL. She answered all my questions about the pains I've been having the past couple of days and I told her I've been referred to physio for my SPD.

She then felt my belly and did the fundal height which is 27cm so I'm 2cm over which is fine.

She gave us leaflets on Parentcraft classes, to which we start in January and she booked me my next appointment at a place closer to us (although the Drs is only down the road but other this place is 2 min walk from our house!) :cheer: We see her on December 27th. Matt also asked about a tour of the labour ward and she informed us that they no longer do that but if we really wanted to do it to call her and she would try and arrange something for us on the quiet.

I told her I'm suffering badly with reflux so she gave a note to be passed onto my doctor to see if he will prescribe something for me. If he won't then I am to call her and she will see what she can do.

All in all it was a good appointment. She was pleased with the baby's heartbeat and we came away quite happy. :)

I also have the forms for my bloods to be done in 4 weeks.. not so happy about that LOL! :rotfl: [/i]

thats great :cheer: :cheer:

I see mine again at 28 weeks (12 weeks after I last saw her)

Glad it all went well :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It sounds like you have a really nice midwife which is good. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Its nice to read that someone had a good experience with a MW - i think sometime we only ever focus on the bad things. Thank you for writing something positive.

Have a good day x x x

how different is she from mine !!!!

glad all was well tho debs and matt :cheer:

I'm hoping we see her the whole way through now. :D

Kylie1007 said:
Did you get your MAT B1 form?

I got that at my last appointment at 21 weeks. Although.. I don't even need it so haven't bothered looking at it LOL.

glad your appointment went well, ive fogotton my mat form too eeek

Had my 26 week appointment today and my next one is the 27th Dec too!!

My MW is a complete cow and doesnt even answer your questions, she told me off when i asked about parentcraft classes as i should have booked them already, i didnt even know when or where they are as my MW didnt book me in i had a locum who didnt know the area, i offered to go and wee in the pot and she said dont worry itll take too long, and she hates Isla and seems that she is a nuisance. My appointment was 4 minutes, which i think is disgusting..... the care around here is terrible.

Wow, that sounds terrible.

I lived down on the south coast and the NHS was really struggling then.

We're lucky with our community midwife though. She always makes sure that she makes eye contact with me when she's talking and always asks me if I have any questions. I brought up about the labour ward tour and parentcraft.

The other midwife we had treated me like I had no business being there to be honest. She didn't acknowledge me, look at me or ask me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back