24 wk midwife appt

purple13

Reaction score
just had my 24 week midwife appt and am feeling soooo pleased with the service i'm getting. i haven't seen the same midwife twice yet, but all of the team are lovely and make a point of reading all my notes at the start of each appointment. :D :D

i know some people are having a nightmare and i just feel so happy that i'm being looked after properly cos i know what a lottery it is - its a weight off my mind.

the MW thinks i may have SPD though - have got to see a physio in the next few weeks. its mild pain at the moment, but goes straight down the front of my pubic bone - its a really odd sensation.

i forgot to ask about getting my matb1 form and called them after i'd left the health centre - left a message and was called back in 10 minutes. i can go collect it tomorrow morning. then i can finally confirm when i'm taking maternity leave with work - woohoo :cheer: :cheer:

i just read on the government site that you can take your holiday for the year before you go on maternity leave if your company won't let you carry the holiday into the next year so i'm going to bring that up with my manager tomorrow. so i might even be able to finish at christmas if they allow it! :D

glad it went well hun
and good luck for finishing at xmas :)
manda xx

What kind of pain are you getting with your SPD if you don't mind me asking?

got mine on the 21st. ive not seen the same midwife neither but they are all nice and helpfull.

:cheer:

DebbieM said:
What kind of pain are you getting with your SPD if you don't mind me asking?

its a pain in a straight line directly down the middle of my pubic bone. it hurts more when i've been walking and doing things like trying to put my knickers on. if i've been walking for a while it kind of radiates out between my legs; i've had back ache for about 3-4 weeks now and apparently that can be linked to it.

the pain isn't too bad at the moment though - i don't feel the need to take paracetamol or anything. but i'm aware of it constantly...

I'm just trying to figure out what the hell it is I have and whether or not it's SPD.

Past few days I have been in agony here and there and have found that I literally can't get up without help after sitting for a while. I get pain in my groin right into my bum and girlie bits. It's so painful but then fades. My back and hips hurt too - especially after walking - and my inner thighs ache...

sounds quite possible that it could be spd - poor you :hug: :hug:

have you got a MW appointment any time soon? if not, you should go and see your gp - i don't know if its standard procedure, but my MW wrote and faxed a letter to the physios straight away (while i was still there) to refer me for a proper diagnosis. i know other people on this forum have it really quite badly so i'm hoping that i get my referal quite soon and manage to keep it in check...

really hope you manage to get your pain sorted honey

xx

Yep, got an appt with Dr tomorrow at 2pm :(

hey debbie - hope your appt goes ok this afternoon. let me know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back