24 week scan

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
I'll upload it later, guys, cooking dinner and we all know how urgent that task becomes! *starving*

Anyway, at 24 weeks he told me there was not even a chance of seeing the sex of the baby by accident (I am in Ireland, the only thing I can think of is that we don't have such good scanners over here). Baby was a good size and healthy, thank God. Little tyke yawned at the scan. I am still ambiguous as to the sex, myself, I can't make up my mind what I think I'm having! Thought it was a boy from the scan on the screen, but from the printout, I'm saying "girl"! :lol:

We asked about a few things then, the obstetrician said it was fine for me to fly right up to 32 weeks, as long as they are not long haul flights. Yahoo! But when I asked about the birth plan he seemed taken aback! I forget that I had read about these things in a Miriam Stoppard book and I think he thought my GP had told me to ask. Birth plans, it appears, are not the norm here, but I won't be refused anything I ask for, bar strange requests like taking home the placenta (that's what he said!).

He then asked me if my GP had a sample birth plan, and my husband told me that he winked at him while he said it (we were getting up to leave at the time). I thought that was a little patronising, as though I were all full of these hippy notions...where did I get them from, a load of women, I guess (my GP's practice is run by a woman, and my GP is a woman, rather unusual here, I guess.) But I like him, most of the time!

Upload the photo later, I smell dinner burning!

Sue

Hi Tiny

Gosh - things are definitely more different in Ireland than I realised. That was patronising of him. I think Birth plans (or birth preferences) are so normal here - there's a section for it in my maternity notes!

Looking forward to seeing the scan piccies

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back