23 weeks tomorrow and exhausted.

MrsRoger

Reaction score
I feel bad because this pregnancy means so much to me......but oh my god!! I want to just hide in my bed for a week and be nothing but pregnant!!

I am exhausted!! Work, House decorating, Twin pregnancy and just general life.

I hate the thought of taking a sick day, but I feel like I really need a break, I am hoping being off on Monday will help me rejuvenate.

I'm knackered!!! A toddler with asn, work and general house crap and I'm done in!!! We're having new Windows fitted and my mum is picking ds up from nursery so I'm currently hiding out under a blanket on my bed while they work downstairs - I've got the guilts though as I'm resting and could be doing something lovely with ds - I can't win lol!!!! Xx

Aww take it easy MrsRoger- think how hard your body is working to make those twinnies you deserve a break x

Carrying twins is no easy task, you need to take it easy and if your body is telling you to rest take some sick time, it wont make you a bad person. Hope you get chance to relax over this long weekend xxxx

I have been reading about the fatigue I am feeling and it's possibly that I am not eating anywhere near as much as I am meant to, so upped the food in take today to see how I get on.

I also feel safe having a rant on here because I always feel guilty about it when I talk to my hubby, but you lovely ladies always understand and make me feel much better.

If it doesn't improve I will go back to my midwife and see what my options are.

xxxxx

A few weeks ago I was sleeping 2-3 hours each afternoon and still sleeping all night, spending all my days battling to concentrate at work, and all my evenings plonked in front of the TV with barely the energy to get up and visit the loo for the tenth time in an hour. I figured I may not be eating enough too.

Eating more has helped me. Whilst I'm still tired a lot of the time, I am capable of staying awake all day if required now. I let myself nap if I feel the need without guilt now. Making a baby is hard. You're making two! Give yourself a break and take time off if you need it.

I suppose that makes sense to eat more as babies and your body need the extra calories, hope it works for you x

With my 1st I took one sick day and it was pretend, I just felt too lazy to go to work. But I think if your body is telling you it's tired then listen and try rest. I think I read you need about 350 calories extra a day in later pregnancy. Just listen to your bodies signals.

I have been feeling better during the day with upping my calories, where I am in my pregnancy with the two I am meant to be consuming 2800 calories a day which for me is a big ask just now.

The other problem I have is my rib cage on my right side and the muscles on my right shoulder blade are so painful!!

Last night was a terrible night as I couldn't get comfortable at all!! Ended up getting a couple of hours on the couch. Totally shattered now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back