23 weeks and movements - when to be concerned

MillersMissus

Reaction score
Hi all - I've been feeling kicks and bubbling since about 15 weeks now. At the weekend she seemed really active but yesterday and today not as much. I've not felt anywhere near as many kicks. At what point should you get concerned?

Hi lovely, I'm not PG but didn't want to read and run. If I were you, I'd ring your gp or midwife and ask them as they know your medical history etc and can make a judgement - safest bet. x

It is only really advised to count the kicks in the last Tri - they say from 26-28 weeks. However, if you have already established a pattern and are concerned, ring your maternity unit and see what they say? They may want to stick you on the trace or give you some advice x

I thought it was from 26 weeks Keely but wanted to ask. And as if my magic she is wiggling about - 5 mins after I posted she woke up. Clearly having a lazy couple of days. It's because of anxiety which has been amplified during pregnancy due to previous losses. I wish I could just see what she was doing in there and know she is ok!! Xx

This happened to me a few days ago. Baby has been active since 16 weeks and over the weekend he had stopped moving for 3 days. I contacted my maternity assessment unit and they called me in to get checked. Please call ur assessment unit. They will ask you to go in if they are concerned. Xx

This happened to me a few days ago. Baby has been active since 16 weeks and over the weekend he had stopped moving for 3 days. I contacted my maternity assessment unit and they called me in to get checked. Please call ur assessment unit. They will ask you to go in if they are concerned. Xx

Was everything ok Beeee? What did they do/say when you called them? Xx

I thought it was from 26 weeks Keely but wanted to ask. And as if my magic she is wiggling about - 5 mins after I posted she woke up. Clearly having a lazy couple of days. It's because of anxiety which has been amplified during pregnancy due to previous losses. I wish I could just see what she was doing in there and know she is ok!! Xx
Haha thats good news then, just having a little rest eh x

Haha thats good news then, just having a little rest eh x

Was still only two kicks though :( usually she has a wriggle around when I've eaten but not today. Will give the number a call when I get home xx

Try to have something high in glucose and see if baby becomes active. Maybe a bottle of lucozade? x

I had the same at 23 weeks. She went really quiet and I was getting a bit worried. The day after, she beat me up from the inside all day, think she was having a growth spurt as she has been non-stop since with bigger, stronger movements. Im 23+5 today. Contact your midwife if you are worried though, even if it just puts your mind at rest xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no set trimester or weeks/days/counts anymore - they have now changed it to if any unusual/different pattern from what you and your baby are used to then you report it to a MW/MAT Assessment.

I do monitor over a period of like a day or so, because every other week baby will go through a big growth spurt - usually they go quiet for a day or so, sleep and grow then a few days later back to normal and youll probably notice that you have sprouted a wee bit.

But always keep a close eye on your usual baby patterns and just use instinct. My rule of thumb is as long as there is some movement I will leave it a day or so - if there was none for like a good few hours Id ring the MATAss/MW.

I have been having regular kicks from 15w, and everyone and their baby is different so there is no set time to monitor.

Im sure in your case baby was having a growth spurt - glad s/he is moving again!

xxxxx

Had some lucozade and still nothing since the couple of little kicks this morning xx

Was everything ok Beeee? What did they do/say when you called them? Xx

They couldn't put the monitor on me because I'm only 22 weeks and that can only be done further along so they listened in with a Doppler and asked questions xxx

I phoned triage - midwife was really lovely. Told me to eat a starchy meal followed by a cold fizzy drink then to lay on my left side and to call back in an hour either way. We were having rice and chicken for tea anyway so ate that, downed a glass of cold lemonade which we luckily had in the house then laid on the sofa. 20 mins later madam woke up, feet back in the usual place (kicking down towards my right hip). Feel so much more relieved now. Called her back and explained my anxiety issues and she told me to call them any time of I had any concerns xx

I'm glad to hear she moved for you! Xxx

Glad to hear she's moving again. Least you got some good advice from the MW for peace of mind x

Aww glad to hear the baby is moving about now :) I haven't really felt any movements yet I'm 16+ 3 and this is my 5th pregnancy so thought i would of had something by now? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back