:(

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by MummyTo5, Jan 6, 2012.

1. MummyTo5

MummyTo5 Well-Known Member

Apologies in advance for the moan but i feel really down today and need some advice.....

Since being pregnant things have been really difficult i went for an early scan for the woman to turn round very carelessly and just said its probably ectopic so was worried till it was confirmed that this wasn't the case,

then i had a follow up scan which confirmed twins which was a shock but very exciting then again the woman turned round and says i wouldn't get my hopes up its very small and probably wont go into a viable pregnancy,

so every step that should be enjoyable has been turned into one worry after another with every scan i have had there i have ended up having a private one a few days later because im in bits not knowing what's going on its happened on a lot more occasions than mentioned above i have had scans every 2 weeks because of all the complications.

but i think the worse thing that happened was yesterday, i had a trainee (just for the record i have no problem with people learning and am more that happy to help anyone) who was very panicky and flapping around then cant find my details then says how long its been since she's done twin scans and starts asking me all these technical questions! when she did then scan neither babies were being paticually helpful i have had one twin smaller than the other all the way through and its shy as soon as you put the scan on it turns around lol but besides that she was just very incompetent in looking at the babies and taking measurements i should have been measuring 14 weeks and 4 days she got the bigger baby at 13 weeks and 6 days and the small baby at 12 weeks and 5 days! the babies have only been a few days apart maximum a week which i have been told is normal and ok,

but after this scan i was really concerned and asked to speak to a midwife because i had a scan on 23rd dec and babies were measuring 12 weeks 5 days and 12 weeks so for small baby to have only gone up by 5 days in over two weeks is not right but as i mentioned i dont think this woman actually measured the baby properly im not just in denial i genuinely mean it id be the first to say if i thought there was a problem, so after all this and discussing it with the midwife she says to us well there's two possible outcomes its just small and will be fine or its disabled!! and has one in 3 chance of surviving and if it survives it will have downs.

How much stress can they put one person under with out facts!!!!!!! i wasnt having an eptopic pregnancy baby number two has grown in to a viable pregnancy and i dont for one second think my baby is disabled!!!!! i just dont no how much more i can take i have had bleeding in this pregnancy and all this its just all taking its toll im not sleeping or eating properly with all this stress which is probably why the poor thing is bloody small!!!!

im off for yet another private scan at 5 so will update then atleast there they have a proper look and no what they are doing weve become great friends actually and they give me special prices now good bloody job!!

im sorry for the moan its just really got on top of me today and i cant lift :( xxx

2. babybo

babybo Well-Known Member

Omg hunny you really have been through the mill! I think it's absolutely outrageous they way you've been treated and saying things without facts. I really hope you can get some answers from today xxxx

3. masonowen

masonowen Well-Known Member

Blimy, what a heartless cow the first one was!! Was there a senior midwife there with the inexperienced one?? There really should have been if there wasn't. Try and relax and see what your next scan shows, demand that you get a competent midwife and see what she says or get scanned somewhere else.

4. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Sweetheart you need to make a complaint. Yes everyone has to train but ffs she should have either been supervised or asked another sonographer to have a look. At the 15 week scan I had for cyst pain I had 3 sonographers in the room to triple check everything. You've been treated awfully. You are at least an experienced mum so have an idea that this is not how it's supposed to be. Could you imagine the state a first time mum would be in who might take everything they say as gospel and thinks she has nowhere else to turn????

Hope the private scan goes well lovely and please try not to worry, twins are often rather different sizes xxxxxxxxx

5. MummyTo5

thanks girls means a lot i may have had babies before but i have never felt this way before it feels like the first time all over again as everything is so different with twins :'( i couldnt believe it when i the trainee was in there on her own when iv had her before she has been supervised but not yesterday and when she realised she did need help no one was there to help her....

the lady from the private place is amazing i called her yesterday in tears and am going to her in a min but she said she could call in a favour with her friend at another hospital that has better facilities espesh for twins and she moved me today i should be hearing from them in the next few weeks :) i feel a bit better about that but still so confused with everything i hope my little monkies play ball at this scan and show off how big they are :) thanks for your support girls will update as soon as back hopefully with pics :) im just going to stay positive my babies need me too positive thinking is a powerful thing :) xxx

6. steffy

steffy Well-Known Member

OMG, this is awful hun. Enjoy your scan today, hope they both behave for you. Looking forward to seeing the pics :) x

7. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

Holy crap! I cannot believe how you have been spoken to throughout, especially this most recent scan. WTF is wrong with these people? Absolutely no consideration for peoples feelings at all.

Really hope that you're ok, you really don't them putting unnecessary stress onto you. Try not to let them worry you, they seem as though they have been completely incompetent all the way through so far

:hug:

8. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

This is bloody awful I would certainly complain I can't believe that professional people
    Would say such tactless things to you! :hugs:

Hope the scan today goes well

9. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

i really sympa thise with you, at my 6 week scan the sonographer told me not to get my hopes up for my 8 week scan as it could be a different story although there was a heartbeat.
    People can be soooo unhelpful and have no people skills whatsoever. I work in a hospital myself but all the trainees i have come across have always been surpervised. I would have asked for a 2nd opinion there and then.
    Really hope you get some better answers at the private scan xxx

10. Bee7

Bee7 Well-Known Member

This is disgusting. This is my first pregnancy and i've been a nervous wreck the whole way through. If someone had told me all these things i probably would have had a nervous breakdown by now! All i can think is that they see scans/babies/pregnant ladies on a daily basis and everyone just becomes a number to them. No feelings or compassion for individual cases at all.

At least you are going for a private scan where hopefully they'll be a lot more helpful and accomodating. Hope you get all the answers you need hun xxx

11. So_hopeful81

So_hopeful81 Well-Known Member

I'm stalking this thread!!! Hope you're ok! Hope the scan ran smoothly! Bless you! Xxx

12. masonowen

Hope your scan went well, and you got some proper answers.

13. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

Also stalking hope everything went well x

14. keljordan

keljordan Well-Known Member

Hope your scan was better than the others and you feel better about everything, they really shouldn't be in the line of work they are, people like that xx

15. Spammy

Spammy Well-Known Member

My goodness that's a disgrace! I think these people do so many scans they forget that these are actually your children! You definitely need to make a complaint honey. I would telephone the complaints department at the hospital or ring and ask to speak to a senior midwife and make sure you put your complaint across. Tell them If you don't get an explanation you will put in a formal complaint (I work for the NHS).

Bug hugs lovely. Hope your private scan makes you feel better about things x

16. MummyTo5

hi girls :) thank you so much for your support it means so much well everything was fine!!!!!!
    when babies get past a certain age your supposed to do measure on head circumference instead of crown to rump as the baby moving so much makes it very difficult to measure properly so they did that and im bang on dates 14 weeks and 5 days :) thats baby one and baby two is measuring 13 weeks and 5 days :) they have always been up to a week apart so that is perfect :) they were both moving and jumping around :) we have our scan booked now for there sexes so 27th jan cant come soon enough :) xxx

pics will follow :) xxx

17. MummyTo5

little monkey looking straight at us :) xxx

18. MummyTo5

Big babba :) xxx

19. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

Lovely pics!! And I'm glad you were reassured. I agree with the other girls, I think you need moving to more senior care than they are currently providing and you should make a complaint. You are lucky to be in a financial position to be able to afford so many private scans, and the point is, you shouldn't HAVE to pay for private ones because of the incompetence of the other sonographer! Like someone else said this isn't your first baby so you know the ropes and don't panic without real cause. x

20. masonowen

Great pics, glad all is well. Now you can put your feet up and stop worrying :coffee: