21day bloods ?

lillith112

Reaction score
I've been ttc 20 months, age 44, recently had 21 day bloods, I know I've not ovulated this cycle as bbt stayed low, just waiting for af now which is late. When I get the results which I know will say no egg popped what is the next stage ?. xx

I think they would just repeat it as its normal to have the odd anovulatory cycle xx

I think they would just repeat it as its normal to have the odd anovulatory cycle xx

Oh ok thanks hun, I was also told on a scan 7 years ago that I had pco but when I went for a blood test they told me I didn't have pcos but could still have pco, very confused lol. x

They should repeat the bloods for 3 months. If you haven't ovulated your GP may wish to refer you to a gynocologist who may prescribe you clomid. Good luck 🍀

They should repeat the bloods for 3 months. If you haven't ovulated your GP may wish to refer you to a gynocologist who may prescribe you clomid. Good luck ��

Ah ok, thanks Louise, I'm just waiting for the results now. x

Louise is right. And you can have pco without the symptoms. They're not meant to give a diagnosis on cysts alone but that doesn't stop some people. My cysts seem to come and go. Xx

Louise is right. And you can have pco without the symptoms. They're not meant to give a diagnosis on cysts alone but that doesn't stop some people. My cysts seem to come and go. Xx

How do they diagnose just pco ?. My blood test was negative for pcos. So does that mean it's equally as difficult to conceive if you have pco ?. I've not been diagnosed as gynaecologist didn't want to know, just said it wasn't pcos so I've been left not knowing whats going on, just that I had multiple cysts on my ovaries on the scan many years ago. I do suffer with weight gain, facial and body hair x

Last edited:
I saw a doctor that said PCOS doesn't actually means cysts on the ovaries. The ovaries do appear different though. I've never had cysts on my ovaries but my ovaries are very much polycystic!

I saw a doctor that said PCOS doesn't actually means cysts on the ovaries. The ovaries do appear different though. I've never had cysts on my ovaries but my ovaries are very much polycystic!

Blimey that's even more confusing lol. I thought it meant you have lots of cysts. x

I had bloods which should have been on CD21 but it wasnt due to when I could get an appt, so they did it whenever and it showed low progesterone (I have a long cycle at the best of times) and it has not been mentioned that it would be repeated for me so its interesting that is meant to happen

Good luck with the tests, hope they are all good, well as good as they can be

I had bloods which should have been on CD21 but it wasnt due to when I could get an appt, so they did it whenever and it showed low progesterone (I have a long cycle at the best of times) and it has not been mentioned that it would be repeated for me so its interesting that is meant to happen

I had my bloods done on cd22, as cd21 was a Sunday, I had to tell them it was a day out so they can adjust it accordingly. I'm going to ring dr next week see if results are back yet.x

Last edited:

Normally they do atleast 2 different cycles. It won't be accurate unless it's done at 7dpo

Normally they do atleast 2 different cycles. It won't be accurate unless it's done at 7dpo

Ah thats good, I was spot on 7dpo, looks like af has appeared too thank god x

Hmmm so only one set of bloods mean nothing really but they dont want to take any more. Wondering just how much time I am wasting at this GP to be honest, I get more help from here than them!

They do usually repeat as every woman has an annovulatory cycle now and then apparently.

Initially, I got told my left ovary was polycystic looking but I didn't have pcos. They told me that it shouldn't affect ttc. I was later told I had pcos but I've not known my numbers of bloods so I don't know...

People can have pcos with normal looking ovaries too just to complicate things. Apparently your ovaries look larger as well as having multiple cysts if you fit the textbook diagnosis.

In my last scan, I got told that my ovaries weren't polycystic looking and he wouldn't diagnose me with pcos looking at them. I'd also ovulated from the left ovary which was the problem one previously! Same thing happened in November - everything looked completely normal. It's a crazy illness! Xx

I think they appear differently according to medication too. They struggle to see an issue if your on the pill because it changes how they look apparently!

I think they appear differently according to medication too. They struggle to see an issue if your on the pill because it changes how they look apparently!

I was on cerazette, I remember reading the information leaflet, it said taking them could cause you to have multiple cysts on your ovaries, it put me right off taking them. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back