21, single, 6 weeks and not sure what to do..

Kalv318

Reaction score
Hey girls, I'm new to this group and I just wanted to see if anyone had some advice or uplifting words. Here's my story.I'm 21, 22 in march. I'm 6 weeks pregnant, found out on new years eve! I've honestly been going back and fourth on if I should even go through with this pregnancy or not. I told the father I might be pregnant the day before I found out and he said he would be here for me. I found out and told him and he never responded and I haven't heard from him since. I've hitched him out and told him I wasn't going to have it but now I'm having second thoughts. I had an accidental pregnancy a year ago and it ended in a miscarriage but I had told my parents and at first my mom said she would support me and then the next day she told me to get an abortion and drug me to a clinic but, unknown to me, the baby had already died. So, I'm scared my parents won't be supportive of me doing the while single mom thing or be supportive at all. And I know I should tell the dad but I know my mom will try to talk me out of telling him. He is a ****ty person but I still believe he has the right to know. Help!!! I work full time and rent a house with a roommate and pay for all my bills.

Hey,
Do what is best for you and your baby (whatever that may be), at the end of the day it is your choice. Its hard because there are so many things to consider not just you.
I think though you really have to consider how hard it will be without any support from the father (worst case scenario). Also if you don't have the support of your family this will make it doubly as hard. You will potentially have to leave your full time job to look after the baby and can you realistically still live with a roommate with the baby?

If keeping the baby is what you really want to do though and it is what will make you happy even if you have to do it alone then who is anyone to tell you too abort.

I think you should still seek the support of your parents - your mum may react differently this time. If she does react the same as previously then don't let her pressurise you into anything you don't want to do.

Good luck to you hun xx

Hi. I replied to your other post in pregnancy chat.

I think the dad should be told, you never know, he may turn out to be good support, he possibly just needs a while to get used to it.

Have a look online or contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau to see what support there is local for young &/or single parents.
There's gingerbread (gingerbread.org) but also many areas run additional support groups for young parents which can be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back