21 day bloods!

hayes

Reaction score
Got my 21 day blood test tomoz 8.30am how long do you think il have to wait for results? Is it just to test to see if you have ovulated or other probs too?

Im tring to stay postive as i think i ov on xmas day(cd16)but im not sure i also have a feeling something isnt right with me.

Michelle. x

i had my bloods done last week hun...dr told me could take up to 2 weeks to get results so im gonna ring next week i think.

really hope everything comes back normal for you xxx

And for you too, im really nervous tho.

Michelle. x

awe you'l be fine hum im sure, and if the results arent what you hoped for then at least its a step in the right direction to help you xxx

hi hun

had mine done on the wednesday and was told to ring on the same friday - rang friday afternoon and they were back - good luck

clara x

does anyone know what the normal levels should be? xx

the nsame 21days bloods is extremely misleading - it is onyl called this as it is assuemd that all woen haev a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14 therefore day 21 is exactly half way between ov and next period.
If you ovulated on the 25th dec (can i ask how you calculated this?) you will only be 4dpo when the test is done- it is actually to be done on 7dpo so mention this is the gp when it is done so they take that into consideration when looking at your results.
mine onyl took a week to come through but others have taken way longer, hope they are quick!!

I think it depends where you have them done, as to how long it takes.
I got my results the same day from the fertility clinic. x

I get mine back after 2 days, as another lady has said they are usually after your peek date!! I get peek +3 & peek +7 bloods to track hormone levels so hormones supplements can be adjusted if need be, but for the past 6 months they've been 100% and didn't need to change anything.

Good luck I hope your not waiting to long.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone off in a min!!

I have not tracked my cycle with opk this month but woke up with pain on one side in the early hours of xmas day and felt like something went pop and then it eased off, i use to get this when i was younger and ovulated but im not 100% sure. I will ask when i can get results sounds like it differs alot in different places.

Michelle. x

I have been told it only takes a couple of days to do these tests so she said because of the weekend and bank hol to giv the docs a ring tues and should hopefully know by then.

Had to see the docs aswell and she was nice(not as gud as my normal one tho!)and told me to forget the cream for my face and i told her that i hadnt been to worried about the spots more with my hair on my lip and my irregular periods, she told me not to worry that she was sure my tests wud cum back fine and that i could use my normal regular hair bleaching cream as it wouldnt affect the baby if i did get pg. She said "relax and im sure it wont b much longer for you enjoy it and good luck" bless her!!

Michelle. x

Hi Michelle - glad you had a positive doc appointment and your skin issues are clearing up now... My 21 day bloods took about 3 days to come back and when I saw doc for the results I asked for a print out of them. It was a bit confusing, but managed to figure it out, so here's what I found about the ranges of levels of stuff they tested for(assuming they did the same test for you as they did for me and that you are being tested in your luteal phase):

Progesterone
Follicular stage (AF - OV) Between 0 - 4 is normal
Luteal Phase (OV - AF) Between 11 - 81 is normal (Mine was 43.3)

LH (Luteinising Hormone)
Follicular Between 1.9 - 12.5 is normal
Mid cycle 8.7 - 76.3 is normal
Luteal Between 0.5 - 16.9 is normal (Mine was 1.5)

FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
Follicular 2.5 - 10.2 is normal
Mid cycle 3.4 - 33.4
Luteal 1.5 - 9.1 is normal (mine was 3)

Hope this makes sense and answers some of your questions, girls who are waiting for results. Feel free to ask me questions if you don't understand what I've put and I'll try to help....!

Hope you all get the results you want :) xx

ceebee what unit of measurement are you using?

asking as above 30 nmol/l of progesterone is required to be indicative of a ovulatory cycle and you refer to 11-81?

Last edited:
Thanks, god it sounds confusing tho, do you get a print out of it or do you have to ask??

Michelle. x

ceebee what unit of measurement are you using?

asking as above 30 nmol/l of progesterone is required to be indicative of a ovulatory cycle and you refer to 11-81?

Hi itisbabytime - yes, its nmol/l - I'm only copying what I've got on the sheet I had given to me, so could be I've got it wrong. According to my print out 11 -81 nmol/l is the reference range for progesterone in the luteal, so I assumed that meant it was normal. Sorry if I've got it wrong :oooo: Perhaps it depends what time in the luteal phase it is - sorry if giving misleading info girls.... Probably best to quiz your gp when you get your results....

Yes Michelle, I had to ask for the results to be printed out.... xx

Thanks for that i will ask when i go back tues i normally only get to see the receptonist and they are always saying 'the results were fine bye' and then dissappear so will have to get in quick and say i want them properly. So worried its not going to be good.

Michelle. x

just ask for a print out. i do that so i take it home to analyse ahahaha onm here and on the web!

good luck michelle, like itsbabytime said ask for print out of your results so you can analyse. it looked like a load of gobldy goop to me tho lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back