21 day bloods confusing result ?.

lillith112

Reaction score
Had the results yesterday of my 21 day bloods, my result was 28, but apparently it should be 30 or more to have ovulated. It wasn't conclusive, said I may or may not of ovulated ?. How annoying to be 2 numbers short grrrrr.
xx

How frustrating :( I thought the cut off was lower than that, was it definitely 7 days before AF? Is this the first time you've had it done?

I had mine done last year and got a very high level and that was about 8 days before AF because my cycles are around 30 days.

I've seen lots of people say you need to get them done 2 or 3 months in a row for an accurate reading. Have they suggested a repeat?

I'd ask them to repeat the test. Did you do this blood test @7 dpo? x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Was it done on the correct day? You need to go 8 days after getting a positive opk, that is the only way I've ever been able to get accurate results.

They say that any increased level indicates some kind of ovulation but for it to be a quality egg with a chance of sustaining a pregnancy the level needs to be over 30 (although I have heard some places say over 25 and some over 35).

My best natural result was 29, my clinic said borderline. My best clomid result was 35 and they were happy with that (although I was disappointed as most clomid ladies get much higher results).

Yes it was exactly 7dpo, it's a very annoying result and nobody has suggested a repeat because apparently at my age 44 Iwould have to now go private for fertility treatment... I've been looking at taking Acnus castus as read this increases progesterone ?. x

How frustrating :( I thought the cut off was lower than that, was it definitely 7 days before AF? Is this the first time you've had it done?

I had mine done last year and got a very high level and that was about 8 days before AF because my cycles are around 30 days.

I've seen lots of people say you need to get them done 2 or 3 months in a row for an accurate reading. Have they suggested a repeat?

Yes Syd this is the first time I've ever had it done, this was an odd cycle though as I had a positive opk but no temperature rise, also zero CM. My other cycles I have temperature rise and ewcm etc. I wonder if this was an anovulatory cycle ?. x

Snowbee that's interesting that they say higher means a quality egg?

I don't ever get ewcm lillith. I've only temped twice and did get a clear shift but I don't think temping is always that accurate.

I don't ever get ewcm lillith. I've only temped twice and did get a clear shift but I don't think temping is always that accurate.

I always thought temping was the only definite way to know if you ovulated ?. I wish I could rewind time and be 30yrs old again, only had to look at my oh and get pregnant lol, now I'm older, 21 months ttc and not even a whiff of a bfp x

I don't know, I've just read lots of things saying some people don't have an obvious shift. It's all a minefield.

I'm not sure if it means a quality egg or whether it means that other factors are good, as you need a combination of things right for both successful conception and implantation. I found it in a paper from a consultant on the issue of progesterone levels and what they mean and it was his theory about any level being a form of ov but higher levels being needed to sustain pregnancy. I've been looking to see if I saved it but I can't find it. FSH is supposed to be a good indicator of egg quality as well as quantity but I assume there are differences in the actual egg you release each month, ie one month you could have a top quality egg and the next it could be a duff one regardless of FSH levels? That is a guess as I assume things aren't identical each time! As I understand it there is some disagreement between the professionals on whether FSH tells you quality, quantity or both anyway or if you should just go by AMH! I don't really think anyone knows at all and it is just that particular consultants best guess. It is a wonder anyone gets pregnant at all as far as I can work out.

As a side note. If you hunt around the internet you will find plenty of stories of people getting under 10 as a day 21 blood result and then turning out to be pregnant and having a healthy baby from that cycle that they were told wasn't an ovulatory cycle!

That's interesting, thanks Snowbee. I have good amh and excellent fsh for my age so fingers crossed for next time.

That's interesting, thanks Snowbee. I have good amh and excellent fsh for my age so fingers crossed for next time.

Thanks snowbee thats very interesting. I was very stressed that month and read that cortisol stress hormone will lower progesterone levels. I think I should just stop stressing, have sex and if it happens it does.
Syd how are you ?, have you had anymore scans ?, are you back in the UK now ?, been thinking of you, hope you're ok ?. xx

That's interesting Snowbee. I've always been told I ovulated but never been figures. Obviously when I used to bleed constantly there was an issue somewhere and something must have caused the polycystic ovaries. I wonder if it's been low-ish but enough to say I ovulated (so bad quality). I never used to get ewcm either but I get it every month now and no spotting either, so I hope things are better inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back