21 Day Blood Test result help?

M1chelle

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've just been in with the doc after having my 21 day blood tests. All tests looked OK except for Progesterone which was 25 (should have been 30), but the doctor thought that it might just have fallen already as it was actually done on day 23 because of the way it fell with appointments etc. I have cycles anything between 26 and 33 days, averaging 28/29..

Is this bad news or was the test a waste of time because of the day it was done? :wall2:

My husband's sperm analysis result hasn't come through yet so I've got to go back next week anyway, but more than likely he'll want to do another test to make sure.

I think it's because it wasn't done on day 21. The month before I conceived my projesterone was tested at 19!!! Done on day 21 meaning I didn't ovulate. Don't beat yourself up. Mine was tested for 3 months I never ovulated satisfactorily. Went away in Jan, didn't bother with any ovulation sticks & got PREGNANT. Xxx

Progesterone falls quickly just before AF. If you did not do on day 21 it does not mean its too low. I've done mine 3 days before AF and it was 19. The doc wants to repeat the blood test on day 19. So you can ask this test to be repeated x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies. It's so frustrating as I clarified whether doing it on that day would be ok and now it's a bit low he's saying it wasn't!

I'd ask to repeat the test. 25 is not that low. 0.6 is low. So you are fine. Relax x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I would think you ovd with that result. Ask if they will repeat it and do it on a cycle where you do opks, then when you get your positive go 8 days later, you should get your best results that way. If your cycle varies you will find it pretty difficult to guess the correct day otherwise.

Thanks. It doesn't vary by a huge amount but enough to be frustrating when it comes to the end of the month and I think I'm late but then AF just turns up several days later than usual! I have been using CBFM but not getting the best results with it as I haven't had a peak yet. I'm giving it one more month and then giving up with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back