20 week scan on Monday!! :)

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hiya.
So excited...got my scan on Monday! Cant wait to find out what we are having..I really think it's another girl but last night I had a dream we went for the scan and we was told it's a boy and I was really shocked!!! I'm not bothered either way as long as it's healthy xx

Best of luck for Monday Amy. The main purpose of the scan is measurements of baby's vital organs to see if they are within normal range / abnormal. Don't expect to be be told sex of baby but look at it as a bonus. The sonographer only has 30 minutes to do these tests which in a lot of cases is not long enough. Xxx

Thanks. I'd much rather they make sure everything is normal but when I had my 20 week scan with my daughter we was in there for ages and then I was told to go for a walk and have a drink and go back and then we was told the sex..hoping this time round it stands out straight away xx

Best of luck for Monday xxxx

They same you dream the opposite Amy! With my first I kept dreaming of girls so I was adamant I was having a boy, when the sonographer confirmed boy I wasn't surprised at all! Hope all goes well xx

Hi ladies.
Well had scan this morning and all is ok however the lady who did it was absolutely rubbish! Appointment was at 9.20..didn't go in until 9.30..was in there 15 minutes and she took a couple of measurements and tilted the bed a tiny bit..then told me to go for a walk and a drink for 15 mins..so went back at 10 and sat waiting for another 30 mins to be seen again and finally went back in and was only in there about 5 minutes...she couldn't get the right images of the heart or tell us the sex but what annoyed me more was that she didn't even try! At my 12 week scan I was told to wiggle and lay on my side and she tilt the bed so much I almost slide off backwards but the woman today was useless! I have to go back on 25th to hopefully try again. I know they say the scan is more than just finding out the sex but for to at least try would have been nice xx

Really sorry you've experienced such horrid care. I highly recommend having a private gender scan. We had one at 18 weeks & the sonographer couldn't have done more for us. Xxx

Glad all is well hun sorry your sonographer was rubbish. I second the private gender scan xx

Awww bless yah Hun, I hope there better with you when you go back for your next scan cx

Thanks ladies...my Fiancé is refusing to pay for a private scan but I told him we could go back in 2 weeks and they still might not be able to see...what then?? I definitely want to find out what we're having so if they still can't say then I'm sorry but I will pay for it myself!!! Arrgghh!!

Our gender scan was at babybond I think it was about £75 but for me it was worth it I'd previously had a scan at 9 weeks just to check the baby was ok and it was £100 so I thought 75 wasn't too bad, that's us done for private scans can't afford anymore I just booked it and told my husband I got it half price at £40 lol

I have found a place local to us that do gender scans for £69 this also includes 4D so I will book with them if we can't find out on 25th..just so annoying that I have to wait..I'm so impatient! :) xx

Last edited:
I'm sure babybond do a quick gender scan for around £35 xx

Your right bee i forgot about that it's called justgender 10 minute quick scan, have to say they were very good

Hi ladies. I have found the justgender scan there is a place in Manchester and it's £39 so I showed it to DF and he said we can book it so hopefully this weekend we will find out it we are girl or boy!! Yeh!! :) xx

Yay well done! Excited for you. I'm having a 4D scan this evening 🤗

That's great Louise...let us know how you get on. I have booked my gender scan..it's on Sunday at 10.30! I can't wait! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back