20 days until my scan ...... I can't cope!

BBaby

Reaction score
As the title says its 20 days until my 12 week scan and the wait is killing me!

This is my first pregnancy after 1 year ttc and i am really contemplating an early scan but then keep telling myself I need to be patient!

I have no history of mc so no reason to think this will end that way but I can't help it, every time I go to the toilet I am expecting blood (had no spotting or anything)

Even if I have a scan now something could still go wrong in the next 3 weeks. What's the statistics of a mc with no bleeding?

Xxxx

I think I read that 1% of pregnancies are missed miscarraiges.

I am exactly the same, my scans in 10 days and I'm so scared about something going wrong. Silly I know but I can't help it. Sorry I can't be more help but I know how you feel!

I think I read that 1% of pregnancies are missed miscarraiges.

I am exactly the same, my scans in 10 days and I'm so scared about something going wrong. Silly I know but I can't help it. Sorry I can't be more help but I know how you feel!

Oh love I know it's so hard to be patient. If you're so worked up about it having an early scan would be totally worth it. I'm sure all will be absolutely fine only natural to panic. I've got another scan on Saturday morning and starting to feel a bit apprehensive. I hope the whole pregnancy isn't like this xxx

Think we've got the same 12 week scan date - 24th June?
I just keep thinking that something is going to go pear shaped :( Think I've just heard too many bad stories, but we need to remember all those uneventful pregnancies.
Knowing that someone else has the same wait and anxieties helps a bit x

Thanks everyone, yep julesrainbow mine is 24th at 1:40 ..... What time is yours?

I'm almost trying to force myself to be patient and not have an early scan (this would be the easy option) .... my sis keeps reminding me what happens after the 12 week when I struggling to wait for the 20 week etc. I'll be having private scans every month lol.

I'm going to try and stick it out xxx

Last edited:
Call the midwife and say you have a bit of pain, that should get you an early scan :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Please don't dont that . You may well take time from someone who is actually having pain or in need of medial care more urgently than you. I know it's awful waitin for the 12 week scan and the anxiety isn't nice but if you haven't had any reason to worry its more than likely that everything is going perfectly and you will soon see a healthy little baby :hugs:,

My 1st scan is on the 25th June and I'll be 10weeks and 4days, though I've had a missed miscarriage before at 9 weeks, so I'm extremely nervous! I asked the gyno in a and e last week what the chances of me having another missed miscarriage was, and she also said something like 1%!
I know it's horrid waiting but we really do have the odds on our side!
Hope you're okay! X

My scan is in 20 days too, I feel your pain! I'll be 12+2. I've known since week 4! Waiting is horrible but looking back that time I've just waited doesn't seem so long, It did at the time mind you. Try not to worry, positive vibes for your wee bean! Whatever is meant to be will be. I'm sure everything will be fine for you. Fx for both of us! xx

You can do it! not long left!! :) stay strong :) I've got exactly 2 weeks til my first scan counting down the days.. >.< i will be 12 weeks 5 days pregnant at the time .. i'm trying to keep my days busy haha.
I've known about my scan since i was 5 weeks pregnant. xx

Last edited:
I totally know how you are feeling I have my first scan (12 week) on Monday (10th). I am counting the days and it has been such a long wait.

I am trying to be positive, I am very scared and very excited it is a strange feeling.

I think as well because my symptoms have gone a bit better and I don't have much of a bump I am still finding it hard to believe I am even pregnant.

Thanks everyone, yep julesrainbow mine is 24th at 1:40 ..... What time is yours?

I'm almost trying to force myself to be patient and not have an early scan (this would be the easy option) .... my sis keeps reminding me what happens after the 12 week when I struggling to wait for the 20 week etc. I'll be having private scans every month lol.

I'm going to try and stick it out xxx

Mines at 1pm! I'll be 12+5 when I have it, which hopefully means we'll get a good picture. I'm lucky, if you can call it that, as I had some brown spotting between 5-6 weeks so had an early scan at 7 weeks - I'm still finding the wait difficult!
We can hang in there together! Don't cave! Xx

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but a Scan will not improve your chances of not having a M/C. get really early viability scans because of my Diabetes and last year my seven week scan saw a hb and everything and was perfect, but something went wrong soon afterwards. Earlier this year my six week scan I could tell wasn't right as they dated it completely out, later scans showed little to no develeopment.

This time I've been scanned at four times so far....and still inbetween each I've bled and worried and been in a panic etc, etc, but the scans will only pic up if all is well or if sadly all isn't, there would have been nothing they could do to help.

I am sure you'll be fine, please don't let my words frighten you, all I'm trying to say in my ramblings is you'll only worry between each scan, that somethings going wrong afterwards. Wait until your dating scan, then hopefully all will be safe and you can worry a little less (and maybe save the money for the private scan for the inbetween 12 and 20 weeks, when there is a little more than a blob to see....we saw very little until this 11 week scan!)

Thanks everyone your comments have really helped ..... We are all in the same position and I need to be strong and not cave in!!

Every time I consider booking an early one I usually ring my sister who talks sense into me! As you say what will be will be xxxx

Not too much longer to wait and you've not had any symptoms that you're scan won't be anything less than perfect. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back