2 Year old not sleeping through

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by KeelyT90, Apr 18, 2016.

1. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Hiya,

So, my little boy will be 2 on Saturday and 9 times out of 10 he will winge in his sleep. Not always waking up but winging with eyes closed. He has me up 5/6 times a night with it. It is wearing me down & OH has to be up at 5AM for work. He does physical work and is constantly exhausted.
    I am also 8 weeks pregnant.

There is literally no reason for it. He sometimes kicks his covers off and wants them back but wont wake up fully to cover himself back up.

Also, he stayed at Nanna's Friday night, slept through, didn't wake up once. It is like he just does it to me. Worse than a newborn.

Any tips or advise to make my little monster sleep without disturbance.
    I really need to knock this on the head before next baby comes along. I can't imagine night feeds with new baby Plus Ryleigh waking up half a dozen times.

xx

#1 KeelyT90, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Does he moan and go back to sleep, or continue until you go into him? xx

3. KeelyT90

He just moans until one of us goes in to him x

4. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

My 5 year old still doesn't always sleep through. It's worst since I became pregnant. I just lie her back down and then leave. One day it'll stop I hope x

5. Holi

Holi Well-Known Member

I think us mummy's are ridiculously light sleepers so will wake at the first wimper! I bet he will have stirred at Nanna's but maybe just drifted back off! For a couple of nights try leaving him for 5mins before going back in and I imagine some if not all the cries will stop on there own! X

6. KeelyT90

It's so hard to break his habit though as I know when he stays at his dads on a Saturday a fortnight he spends the night crying everytime without fail apparently so the sunday he's home hes exhausted & usually sleeps through but that is about the only time he ever does :( xx

7. flisstebbs

flisstebbs Well-Known Member

My 2.5yr old wakes like clockwork at 11, 3 and 5. It's knackering especially when you end up playing baby ping pong all night but I'm living proof that you get through it! I'm convinced it's just who she is as my second baby is a brilliant sleeper and I've done all the same things...

8. KeelyT90

What is this baby magic tea? x

9. Rose83

Rose83 Well-Known Member

I have a 16 month old and a 5 week old. My older one is being woken at 5am by my younger crying for food and then older won't go back to sleep. It's driving me insane. My partner brings older into our bed where I'm feeding as she won't go back to sleep in her cot but then she also won't sleep because she sees younger one awake feeding. So now I'm being kicked out of bed with the baby down to the lounge to sit with him until he settles. I'm absolutely exhausted and fed up, I have no idea how I can stop older one waking from noise unless I'm in another house! X

10. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Our almost 2 year old stopped sleeping through when his little brother arrived 8 months ago! We borrowed a camping mattress and dh slept on his bedroom floor for about 3 months to help ease things on ds1. Dh is back in our bed now and ds1 still wakes up once every couple of nights. I think it's something they grow out of.

11. KeelyT90

Well, I have moved my son into a toddler bed on Friday & he's slept through the last 3 nights. Hopefully it is a start of good things xx