2 Year old not sleeping through

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hiya,

So, my little boy will be 2 on Saturday and 9 times out of 10 he will winge in his sleep. Not always waking up but winging with eyes closed. He has me up 5/6 times a night with it. It is wearing me down & OH has to be up at 5AM for work. He does physical work and is constantly exhausted.
I am also 8 weeks pregnant.

There is literally no reason for it. He sometimes kicks his covers off and wants them back but wont wake up fully to cover himself back up.

Also, he stayed at Nanna's Friday night, slept through, didn't wake up once. It is like he just does it to me. Worse than a newborn.

Any tips or advise to make my little monster sleep without disturbance.
I really need to knock this on the head before next baby comes along. I can't imagine night feeds with new baby Plus Ryleigh waking up half a dozen times.

xx

Last edited:
Does he moan and go back to sleep, or continue until you go into him? xx

My 5 year old still doesn't always sleep through. It's worst since I became pregnant. I just lie her back down and then leave. One day it'll stop I hope x

I think us mummy's are ridiculously light sleepers so will wake at the first wimper! I bet he will have stirred at Nanna's but maybe just drifted back off! For a couple of nights try leaving him for 5mins before going back in and I imagine some if not all the cries will stop on there own! X

It's so hard to break his habit though as I know when he stays at his dads on a Saturday a fortnight he spends the night crying everytime without fail apparently so the sunday he's home hes exhausted & usually sleeps through but that is about the only time he ever does :( xx

My 2.5yr old wakes like clockwork at 11, 3 and 5. It's knackering especially when you end up playing baby ping pong all night but I'm living proof that you get through it! I'm convinced it's just who she is as my second baby is a brilliant sleeper and I've done all the same things...

I have a 16 month old and a 5 week old. My older one is being woken at 5am by my younger crying for food and then older won't go back to sleep. It's driving me insane. My partner brings older into our bed where I'm feeding as she won't go back to sleep in her cot but then she also won't sleep because she sees younger one awake feeding. So now I'm being kicked out of bed with the baby down to the lounge to sit with him until he settles. I'm absolutely exhausted and fed up, I have no idea how I can stop older one waking from noise unless I'm in another house! X

Our almost 2 year old stopped sleeping through when his little brother arrived 8 months ago! We borrowed a camping mattress and dh slept on his bedroom floor for about 3 months to help ease things on ds1. Dh is back in our bed now and ds1 still wakes up once every couple of nights. I think it's something they grow out of.

Well, I have moved my son into a toddler bed on Friday & he's slept through the last 3 nights. Hopefully it is a start of good things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back