2 year nursery funding - can we get anything?!

Mummy2toddler

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me please I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall its so frustrating.

Basically my son is 2.5 years old and he is delayed at speech after speaking to my HV i managed get him creche 1 day a week for 2 hours ... its now come to an end and he absolutely loved it and i also think it helped. basically the creche manager wants to refer him for speech therapy which is fine but basically we cant get the 2 year old funding as my partner works i am a stay at home mum i have tried volunteering cant get help with childcare absolutely nothing. Is there anything i can do to get him some funded hours or even help with funding? My health visitor is absolutely useless and the creche manager was meant to be referring me for family support at the childrens center where they advice what benefits you get basically we cant get any but we were gonna see if we could get help with creche i fetched my son today and she wasnt there but had printed me off a citizens advice form number?! My hv is absolutely useless they obviously feel my son needs more help etc with his speech which i agree he does and i am so annoyed id do anything to get him in nursery we cant afford it we are struggling to afford bills now
icon_sad.gif
is there anything we can do or get ? thanks in advance. I feel like ive let my son down and because we arent on benefits we get absolutely nothing x

I am having similar problem,daughter delayed in alot of areas and has seizures I'd love her to go to nursery but can't get funding im a single mum and don't work,have you had a in depth development check my hv said if its done your entitled to more help x

Do you claim working tax and child tax credit? Depending on what your partner earns you might be eligible. There is also something through tax credits where you can claim back most of your childcare costs but I don't know anything about that so you would have to look into it.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back