2 weeks old fussy on the breast throwing a tantrum????

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Ttc1234, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Ttc1234

Ttc1234 Well-Known Member

My baby is 2 weeks old tomorrow and is exclusively breastfed. The last 3 evenings he has become fussy on the breast - throwing himself off, kicking, snorting and head butting the breast to get back on. Gets latched on the does it again. He's a great feeder during the day. Any suggestions?? Going to speak to hv on Friday. Thanks

2. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Could be wind, poor latch, fast let down, etc. I would avoid asking hv for help, they know bugger all about bfing beyond the basics. I would get in contact with a lactation consultant (many of them are voluntary) for the right advice :)

3. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Check for tongue tie, I had my daughters cut today but only got noticed yesterday and she is 6.5week. I asked several times about it and they said no she didn't have one.

4. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

She did what your saying your baby does. Good luck.

5. Alrm198

Alrm198 Well-Known Member

Meryl started doing the same thing this last week so I googled it and a breastfeeding consultant says it's baby's way of telling you they are dissatisfied with that breast and want the other! Read section "how do I know when to move baby to other breast?" (Link). You know what? I think she's right because I have been switching to the other when she does it over the last few days and she feeds better.
    HTH :)

6. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

My twins did this and it was because there was no milk left which was upsetting. Its usually wind though.
    If the baby wants the other breast that doesn't work with twins!