2 home test positives, nervous for the doctors test result!

SLHRK

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I've had 2 positive home tests, my AF isn't due til tomorrow but spotting stopped yesterday so I am extremely hopeful!

Still don't want to let myself believe it yet tho, just incase :dohh:

I am worried the doctors result comes back negative as have read the doctors tests aren't as sensitive. My urine sample is being handed in tomorrow and my results should be in for Thursday - Friday at the latest :)

Anyone had any experiences with this, good or bad?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 76
Second positive test.. :)!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 60
I'm the same got about 8 positives last week have docs on Thursday and I am panicking I've been dreaming and doc going to say I am wrong lol good luck and congrats 😘

Thankyou! Let me know how you get on, and congratulations to you too :)

Best of luck girls, the tests look great! :)

Just a little update on my situation! I got an inconclusive result from the doctors, but I am not surprised as its early days! Need to take another test on Monday and won't have my results til Wednesday at the earliest! But I am content that I am pregnant. AF was due Tuesday and haven't even had the slightest pain or bit of bleeding. I can't eat with out feeling sick.. Sound silly but yay! Haha, and I have had twinges in my belly all day yesterday. Done more home test and they are getting stronger. Top test was done on Tuesday afternoon and bottom test done this morning. How did you get on at the doctors glittermama :)? Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 44

Congratulations!! :D :D

I just wanted to ask, I've been reading people saying they've handed in their sample at the drs - do all drs to that? And do you book an appointment as soon as you get a bfp and then they test? Hoping for my bfp in the next few weeks! Congrats again :D xxx

Sharcaz most doctor surgeries have a box on the wall at the treatment room you would leave a urine sample in there then you would ring for the results a day or two later, if it is positive they will probably tell you to make an appointment with your GP then GP he/she will check your blood pressure and your weight etc and will tell you to arrange a midwife appointment at probably 9 weeks that is what happened with me....might be different in different cities etc...

I just wanted to ask, I've been reading people saying they've handed in their sample at the drs - do all drs to that? And do you book an appointment as soon as you get a bfp and then they test? Hoping for my bfp in the next few weeks! Congrats again :D xxx

Hi! I phoned my local surgery and was told that my doctor will need to confirm my pregnancy before they will book me for any appointments. I then got given a pregnancy kit which consisted of a syringe bottle with stopper and a small plastic measuring cup, and a sample bag which had all my details on the side to seal when handing it back to the doctors. This then went to a lab and was tested and my results come in 2 days later. Hope this helps! Xx

Hi! I phoned my local surgery and was told that my doctor will need to confirm my pregnancy before they will book me for any appointments. I then got given a pregnancy kit which consisted of a syringe bottle with stopper and a small plastic measuring cup, and a sample bag which had all my details on the side to seal when handing it back to the doctors. This then went to a lab and was tested and my results come in 2 days later. Hope this helps! Xx

Ah Brilliant thank you and thank you Sansk! You never know this stuff until you actually have to do it :) I know all surgeries are different, and I've heard a few say that if they have a positive home pregnancy test, then the doctor takes your word for it and doesn't repeat to confirm it! So we'll see when it's my turn ;) Huge congrats!!! xxx

Hi no its not normal procedure for gp to do a test as shop bought tests are way more reliable than docs tests. Theres no requirement to even see a gp when u find out ur pregnant just a mw. Docs will do blood tests if theres a suspicion u are mc as they can then check hcg levels x

Ah that makes sense Carla81 :) Thank you! I'll still be trotting off to the docs when I get my bfp ;) x

Hi no its not normal procedure for gp to do a test as shop bought tests are way more reliable than docs tests. Theres no requirement to even see a gp when u find out ur pregnant just a mw. Docs will do blood tests if theres a suspicion u are mc as they can then check hcg levels x

Really wish this had been the case with me! Have had to wait nearly 2 weeks since my home test BFP to get results from the doctor. I know it's very unlikely that after 4 positive home tests I will get a negative doctors test but it still sits in the back of my mind! Hopefully get my results tomorrow but could well be Thursday :wall2: Xx

Last edited:

Ah Brilliant thank you and thank you Sansk! You never know this stuff until you actually have to do it :) I know all surgeries are different, and I've heard a few say that if they have a positive home pregnancy test, then the doctor takes your word for it and doesn't repeat to confirm it! So we'll see when it's my turn ;) Huge congrats!!! xxx
My Dr just took my word for it. I made an appointment told him I'd got a positive yest he said congrats book a mw app for when you'll be 8 weeks and good luck with pregnancy! He said the tests they did are the same as ones in the shop so nobody in testing...I honestly thought I was dreaming and everyday that went by was a worry till my 12 week scan as the mw didn't even want to test me! I kept thinking that if imagined all my symptoms and that there would be nothing there at 12 weeks...but there was! Fx and good luck to you xx

Forgot to post my reply here! I called back Wednesday and got the result I was looking for :D strong positive was the words she used. Got my first appointment with the midwife on the 19th x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back