2/5 engaged, how are you all getting on?

Okaasan

Reaction score
I guess this is for 1st timers mainly as I heard it's not so usual for baby to engage long before birth (or at all) 2nd time round...

It's felt like she's been tunnelling out for the last week or 2 and midwife's just confirmed that she's 2/5 engaged, which apparently means that she can only feel 2/5 (finger widths) of the head. The NCT site says 1/5 or 2/5 are generally considered fully engaged which is a bit of an eye-opener :shock: no wonder I'm waddling now!

Only 34 weeks so prepared for uncomfortable times ahead! I feel like... well, I feel like i've got a baby's head jammed into my pubic bits. There's not really a better way to describe it! :think:

I feel like my bump has dropped over the last couple of days and there is more pressure down below- will see what the midwife has to say when I see her on Friday

She wasnt engaged 2 weeks ago but I have a feeling babys head is engaging and ive been getting some pretty sharp pains down there, more pressure and SPD is loaaads worse.... we shall see on thursday :)

i'll be finding out tomo. I was told two weeks ago her head had moved into my pelvis and over the last two weeks she has def dropped even more :D

All replies from the 34 week gang :wave: how are you ladies feeling? I'm a bit creaky with the old SPD and keep waking up completely at 4am-ish but otherwise can't complain, she's a bit of a heavy lump these days but that's just growing properly.

Glad the toughest weeks will be over christmas to take my mind off it!

I'm due tomorrow and my mw has just confirmed that I am only 1/5 engaged. Still 4/5 to go. :(

I've been feeling like I waddle really bad......what will I be like if/when he finally decides to fully engage? xxx

Hi Anne Marie

As far as I am aware 1/5 engaged is pretty much there! If baby is 5/5 engaged they are nowhere near being fully engaged. Here is article
http://www.preg.info/pages/notes1213.pdf

So your baby is more ready than you think!

my baby was 3/5 engaged 2 weeks ago and I was told 4/5 yesterday :-(
This baby really doesn't want to come out!

BF x

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/6790

Just found this thread on another forum - it seems that palpable and engaged mean the opposite so opposite measurements are used!!! Confusing or what.

In which case 4/5 palpable for me will mean 1/5 engaged????

Bizarre - I wish I had known this yesterday so I could have confirmed with the midwife/dr on what exactly the meaurement meant.

BF x :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back