1st ultrasound! A bit worried... Experience anyone?

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
Hi all,

After constant worry over slow rising HCG levels, I got sent for an early ultrasound. By my calculation, I am just over 6 weeks. First day of last period was December 23 and my cycles are 30 days (that said, I only had 2 cycles before I got pregnant this time after blighted ovum in October).
So basically what happened today my HCG levels went from 6300 to 8000 (roughly, the doctor just told me “8000 and something”).

So I went for a transvaginal ultrasound and they pegged me at about 5.5 weeks and they couldn’t see a heartbeat yet although they saw a sac and something inside it.

As my cycles are very regular, what do you think? I don’t think I overestimated my dates.... was anyone else showing behind early on?

Also, did you always find a heartbeat at 5 and 6 weeks?

Thank you! Xox

If they measured you at 5+5 you’re very unlikely to see a heartbeat as that’s very early still.

What did they say? xx

If they measured you at 5+5 you’re very unlikely to see a heartbeat as that’s very early still.

What did they say? xx

oh sorry I wrote a bit on my other thread. They’ve kind of told me to prepare to miscarry. Apparently I have a large synchronic bleed. I think that is bad. They didn’t say definitely yes or no though so I have more follow ups but not looking good.

How do you feel? Symptoms aren't everything and people can have a healthy pregnancy with zero sickness etc. but often when people miscarry they don't 'feel pregnant'. Not seeing a heartbeat at 5 weeks isn't unusual so I wouldn't stress about that point. They're so small, it's hard to find.

In my last pregnancy group two people had their embryo measuring 2 weeks behind at an early scan. One caught up and one didn't. It's impossible to say what will happen but if your HCG still isn't rising properly and they've told you to prepare to miscarry, it doesn't sound good :( x

Thank you both! It’s so nice to have people to talk to. You ladies make such a world of difference.:D<3

The doc at the ER kind of very gently told me to prepare to miscarry. She was very empathetic though so I did appreciate it.

I think the main reasons I’m concerned is that I’m measuring a week behind what I thought I’d be (although I probably am a little earlier than I thought given my 30 day cycle), coupled with the fact that my HCG is rising but not doubling and they found a “large” subchronioc (sp?) hematoma. I have read up quite a bit that those can be totally ok even when large but paired with my other symptoms it doesn’t look good.

The ER doctor did say she’s not an obgyn so she’s not up on the latest info of trends on HCG levels, etc. I spoke to a nurse at the women’s hospital now as they will be taking over my case. I explained everything and she looked over all my paperwork and results and she told me to be “cautiously optimistic”... wonder what that means and also it’s very hard haha! I want to avoid a let down. I see them in 14 days for another scan and blood test. I could take blood tests in the meantime if I wanted but as they know it’s not ectopic they told me no need.

Thank you ladies! I will update you. Pray for me! Or Atleast pray I will have a healthy one to term soon.<3

Yes the bleed isn't really cause for concern, loads of people on this forum have had them. They usually get absorbed by 12 weeks.

Its good they're being so thorough with you. Here you'd get one blood test and be left until your 7 week scan. In the UK you'd get nothing until your 12 week scan. I hope the nurse is right and everything works out :) keep us updated x

I believe its also very hard for them. Tog et a completely accurate measurement to date you correctly at this early on so I wouldn't be too concerned about them saying you're a week behind because the measurements are like tiny we are talking about to change you a weeks difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back