1st Ultrasound - 5/6 weeks - heartbeat detected but not counted?

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first ultrasound last week when I was supposed to be 5 weeks 6 days or so. My cycles are VERY regular. I am high risk given I suffer from unexplained RPL so I went to the hospital early to check if ectopic.

The ultrasound printout noted "faint fetal cardiac activity. At the time of the scan, the tech tried to show me what she thought was the start of a beating heart, but she said it was too early to hear or count.

Did anyone else have an ultrasound this early and, if so, were they able to count? My MCs usually happen around that stage (ie. baby stops growing then), so I'm quite worried.. I've heard from others that tech was able to see and count theirs at 5/6 weeks.

Also, my HCG was 41,000. I can't find online what HCG correlates to how the heart should appear, etc.

Thank you!

I had a scan at 6 weeks exactly and they were not able to measure heart rate. I am just about 18 weeks now.

I had a scan at 6 weeks exactly and they were not able to measure heart rate. I am just about 18 weeks now.

Thank you and congrats! Was your scan at 6 weeks transvaginal or abdominal?

I should have specified in my post that I had the transvaginal scan done.

TV they could see abdominal at 6 weeks but more accurate TV

Wondering if anyone can help

I just had a TV scan … I thought I was 6+6 but baby was measured at 6+4

there was a heart beat with FHR of 124bpm

my last baby at 6+5 FHR was 133bpm and they weren’t concerned at all with my last pregnancy

however they seem concerned about this one at 124bpm and have asked me to go back in two weeks

I thought it needed to be over 100bpm

so worried now :(

anyone can advise here ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27