1st Scan and help.

Laura Piper

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new here. I have taken 5 home pregnacy tests one of which was clear blue digital all positive within seconds apart from clear blue which took its time, I know when I conceived so I'm around 6 weeks pregnant I think and this would be my first pregnancy. I Keep reading about new mums to be having scans at 4 weeks pregnant in forums etc. My midwife as lovely as she is hasnt booked me in for my first scan until 30th June 2020, it just feels to long for me to wait. Is there anyway I can get one earlier or would it be best to wait due to the coronavirus situation. I'm so impatient but really wanna know if alls well wanted this for 10 years. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

On the nhs is usually around 12 week. If you go private it’s usually from 8 weeks.

On the nhs is usually around 12 week. If you go private it’s usually from 8 weeks.
Hi Kelly
Thanks for replying can I just ask is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to come and go like for the past week my boobs have grown already and were aching badly I mean no touch zones aching lol, now there not as bad. Iv had no morning sickness yet just tiredness a little nausea (but barely noticeable it only last 10min roughly) and extreme bloating sometimes I feel pregnant and sometimes I dont like before I did the tests i had such a strong instinct i was pregnant i knew the test was gonna show positive. Now that feelings gone. Thanks.

Congratulations! Xx

The NHS don’t usually give early scans unless you’re thought to be a high risk pregnancy or if they have concerns about your pregnancy. There’s not much point going for an scan before 8 weeks as there’s not much to see and unlikely you’ll see a heart beat. I was really anxious with my pregnancy and waited until I thought I was about 9 weeks, when I went it turns out I was actually 11 weeks and it was super reassuring seeing our little squish wriggling about and hearing their heart beat. I’d definitely recommend getting an early scan the whole experience is a lot nicer than NHS 12 week scan xx

Hi and congratulations! It's a worrying time but try not to panic. Unless you have any cramps or bleeding I'm sure your little bean is fine in there. Theres really no point in getting a private scan until about 8 weeks as before then theres nothing much to see, you wouldn't see anything at all at 4 weeks pregnant. Symptoms wise everyone is different, they do come and go, embrace feeling well for now as things usually ramp up! Or you could be lucky, I only had a few weeks of feeling a bit sick and that was it, now I'm 21 weeks along. Congrats again :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back