1st Scan and help.

Laura Piper

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new here. I have taken 5 home pregnacy tests one of which was clear blue digital all positive within seconds apart from clear blue which took its time, I know when I conceived so I'm around 6 weeks pregnant I think and this would be my first pregnancy. I Keep reading about new mums to be having scans at 4 weeks pregnant in forums etc. My midwife as lovely as she is hasnt booked me in for my first scan until 30th June 2020, it just feels to long for me to wait. Is there anyway I can get one earlier or would it be best to wait due to the coronavirus situation. I'm so impatient but really wanna know if alls well wanted this for 10 years. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The only place currently open for private scans is Window to the Womb. I went during lockdown when I was seven weeks. They don’t recommend going any earlier than that. Hope this helps! :)

The only place currently open for private scans is Window to the Womb. I went during lockdown when I was seven weeks. They don’t recommend going any earlier than that. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for replying can I just ask is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to come and go like for the past week my boobs have grown already and were aching badly I mean no touch zones aching lol, now there not as bad. Iv had no morning sickness yet just tiredness a little nausea (but barely noticeable it only last 10min roughly) and extreme bloating sometimes I feel pregnant and sometimes I dont like before I did the tests i had such a strong instinct i was pregnant i knew the test was gonna show positive. Now that feelings gone. Thanks

I wouldn’t recommend a scan any earlier than 7 weeks. you will be able to book a private one somewhere but nhs don’t offer scans until 12 weeks.

Thanks for replying can I just ask is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to come and go like for the past week my boobs have grown already and were aching badly I mean no touch zones aching lol, now there not as bad. Iv had no morning sickness yet just tiredness a little nausea (but barely noticeable it only last 10min roughly) and extreme bloating sometimes I feel pregnant and sometimes I dont like before I did the tests i had such a strong instinct i was pregnant i knew the test was gonna show positive. Now that feelings gone. Thanks

My first trimester symptoms fluctuated a lot. Sometimes my boobs hurt, sometimes they didnt. I did not have any nausea until after week 6. I felt a bit of period like cramping at times too. Some days I was crazy bloated, others days not at all. Keep in mind that some women barely have pregnancy symptoms at all at this stage.

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

Thanks for putting mmind st rest sounds same, think its still surreal to me still.
My first trimester symptoms fluctuated a lot. Sometimes my boobs hurt, sometimes they didnt. I did not have any nausea until after week 6. I felt a bit of period like cramping at times too. Some days I was crazy bloated, others days not at all. Keep in mind that some women barely have pregnancy symptoms at all at this stage.

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

Hi Laura,

congratulations! I’m also new to this and I’m Guessing about 4 weeks on Sunday taking into consideration I got the positive yesterday on a first response but not due AF until Sunday so still not positive on a normal one yet!
I’m not sure what To do next, I’m planning on waiting until Sunday and then taking a digital clear blue and if that’s positive then I’ll phone the docs on Monday and ask them what I need to do next.
Here if you want to chat, but I’m quite clueless in this and I’m also impatient / excited!

xx

Definitely don’t worry about symptoms coming and going, mine have been the same. Some days better than others. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back