1st night out - how old was your baby and how did it go?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
To celebrate our birthdays (end of Jan and mid Feb) we are having a night out on 2nd Feb - not arranged yet but are looking at a meal with friends. My mum has agreed to babysit and is made up we have asked her. She is staying over so she doesn't have to drive back to Essex late at night. As Imogen feeds so well from a bottle (expressed milk) we are being optomisitic she will be fine with my mum and she should only need 1 feed while we are gone.

You'll see from my post in relationships http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight= how good she is taking from bottle (and not needing me to feed her - I thought I would feel redundant but I don't...and I have friends who have very dependent clingy babies...could just be the baby's personality but they have not allowed anyone else to feed their babies and have exclusively breast fed, no expressing...I have always said I would avoid this where poss.)

Imogen will be 8 weeks old when my mum babysits - how old was your baby when you let someone babysit her (not your partner .... not that that is "babysitting" !!! that is just being a parent!!!) and how did it go... any tips for me ladies????

I'm not much help I'm afraid as the only person who has ever babysat my DD (24ish weeks) is my partner and my mum (once).

I exclusively breastfeed and OH will take her for a day or an evening if I am going to the shops or out to see my friends and I leave him expressed milk. My mum has babysat once when she was staying with us to allow us both to go up to the village pub for a couple of drinks. However, don't let this put you off, I would've used family more if they lived nearer and knew DD better.

Have fun!

Valentine Xxx

my Mum had Willow for the night at 2 weeks old i was really struggling and mum offered to take her she was absolutly fine no problems at all i just made sure mum had everything she needed.

6 weeks old, it was nat's birthday. We left Ryan with nats mum and her best friend - he had 1 bottle of expressed milk but otherwise slept. We were out for about 3 hours one saturday evening - 2 meals, a couple of drinks, and some time in the amusements.

8 weeks old, part of nat's birthday present was a paintballing day so we left Ryan with a friend of nat's (a girl called julia) and my mum from 830am to 4pm. I left them expressed milk and formula cartons and it was fine. I was annoyed how engorged I was and being constantly attacked with paintballs, but otherwise no problems!

We only go out every 6 weeks as that's when nats mum comes down from scotland. My mum looks after my stepdad who is in a wheelchair so it's difficult for them to help out, and the other relatives can't be assed.

edit- nats brother Jake has had Ryan 3 times too, this morning for 2 hours while I had a driving lesson, and twice in november/december for an hour each while I was at the dentist. He wasn't comfortable using a bottle though so each time Jake looks after him I walk in to him trying desperately to entertain Ryan but all he really wants is food :D lmao

ryan slept at his grandmas at 8 weeks old, he was fine, i enjoyed myself more than i thought i would, and his grandma loved it! will deffo do it again! my 21st next month :wink:

Santi was 15 weeks when he stayed with mil.
He loved it....got spoiled...
:D

my first nite apart from milliepops was just before christmas, she was 6 & a half months old thread about how it went
it was hard being apart from her but managed to enjoy myself. and millie was absolutely fine!! i had done a "trial run" the week before, when i had stayed at my mums with millie but only in the sidelines "just in case", i let my mum deal with millie to make sure millie could do without me! i felt much more confident having done that.
hope u enjoy ur nite out!

Ellie was 17months. However that is mainly because we don't have any family living nearby to baby sit for us.

Still never left Isaac with anyone, I don't think I could yet, plus, there's no-one but his Daddy to leave him with anyways :|

You could always do a pre-run, and have your Mumwatch her one afternoon or something for a while, see how they go :)

Enjoy your night out Beatlesfan, I'm sure she'll be fine and if you take a mobile you'll relax more as you know you can be contacted if necessary, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Not managed a night out together yet but am on saturday (C will be 6.5 months). My MIL did a full day though when C was 4.5 months and that was fine

My aunty had him overnight when he was approx 3 weeks old, MIl had him couple of times. my friend looked after him too but only while we've been to pictures or something not overnight. Babies aren't bothered where you leave them as long as they got food and cuddles, usually mummy who has separation anxiety :lol:

Amber has stayed once a month at my mums, i dont like the thought of her being at the in laws because its like 50 miles away and to me thats the other end of the earth and way to far whereas my mum i 5 mins so i know i can get there instantly if there is a problem. It just gives me and OH a night to do whatever we want and i really look forward to it....

oh and each time amber has been absolutely fine!

My first night out was when Summer was 9 days old which I admit was a bit silly as my C section scar was still killing me. Since then my mum has Summer every fri night to give us a break. I do miss her like crazy when she isn't here but a night off once a week is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back