1st immunisation reactions

Monkey

Reaction score
How did your LO's react after having their immunisations done? Did they sleep, eat, cry more or did you see no change in their behaviour?

I ask as E had her first today and if she isn't sleeping she is crying the place down because she wants to go back to sleep. I just need to know if this is normal or if something is wrong and it's just a coincidence that it occurred when she had her injections.

Last edited:
Oscar slept for 4 hours, then woke up screaming and it went on for ages. We had to keep him dosed up on calpol. Each set of imms got worse for Ozzy too, really didn't react well to them. It was never bad enough that calpol didn't settle him though.

He's got his 1 year imms next week and I'm terrified already!!

Kayden has his first set yesterday. HV warned that 5/6 hrs after it he may start getting cranky & warm ect & just to give him calpol. Immediately afterwards he was fine, then 4 hours later, all of a sudden he was screaming high pitched & was roasting. He was like that for about 3 hours then was just really drowsy all night, he went down ok, & slept alright til 4am then he just wouldn't sleep after.

Lots of cuddles & sleep & a bit of calpol & LO will be fine.

:)

Caleb had his 12 week ones yesterday. The nurses told us he might have a different reaction to the first ones and he definitely did!

His 8 week ones were a nightmare! He was okay from 11am til 7pm, then he had a raging fever and was screaming even with calpol. In the end we put a cold flannel on his head and that brought his fever down. Then he was fine! In fact, my avatar is of him later that night, all smiles!

Yesterday he was absolutely fine :) He was a bit tired but that's always a good thing because he slept really well!

Hope Erica's went okay! xxx

Last edited:
Oscar slept for 4 hours, then woke up screaming and it went on for ages. We had to keep him dosed up on calpol. Each set of imms got worse for Ozzy too, really didn't react well to them. It was never bad enough that calpol didn't settle him though.

He's got his 1 year imms next week and I'm terrified already!!

Is that the MMR? My eldest LO was better with that than any other jags.

:)

Elexia had her first ones today, she screamed when they were done but has seemed fine, she has come back more settled than she was before she had them done! Maybe abit more sleepy than normal x x

Thanks for the replies :). The nurse didn't say anything about them and just jabbed her in each leg and said all done.

I shall watch out to see if she gets any fever or anything. She had it done at 12:35pm and has been asleep for all bar about 2hrs in total since then. Even now she is asleep on my lap otherwise she would be screaming the house down. I really hope she still sleeps tonight and isn't awake with a fever or not being tired any more, we only recently were able to get her settled into a decent night time sleep routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back