19 weeks, second child, depression, other problems and placenta previa

Guardian

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm new here. Just found out Friday that I'm having a boy! My hubby and I are so excited. Had my quad screening and all negative. I am currently suffering from depression, anxiety and nightmares. My doc called today to tell me I have placenta previa. I have notified my doctors that I have been having pelvic pain, dizziness, sudden lightheadedness while standing and severe headaches. My BP was 105/54. They brushed it off and told me to eat many small meals and lots of protein, which I have been. I am a very active person and I am not a small woman (6ft 200lbs) I do A LOT of physically demanding things. I am under a lot of stress, so chopping wood helps ease it. I do not know what to do here, I am not one to worry, but this is hitting me hard. Any thoughts ?

Aw congratulations on your baby boy lovely news. Sorry to hear what a tough time you are having. I've no experience but if you're not improving after following docs advice I would go back for a second opinion as you can't go on like this. I really hope things improve for you and you get some support soon take care xx

I can't relate to all your situation, so far my pregnancy is free of complications - but I too am battling depression and anxiety alongside this pregnancy (my first).

Sometimes I just sit and cry and think 'why me' and that this whole thing is all too much. I often can't tell the difference between pregnancy symptoms and depression/anxiety symptoms, there is too much overlap (tired, emotional, feeling sick, headaches). It comes with a lot of guilt. Like I shouldn't be having a baby when I can't even take proper care of myself. Other times I'm like 'why should this illness stop me from having the life I wanted for myself?' and being pregnant motivates me to work on getting better.

Get every bit of support you can from healthcare professionals. Follow their advice as best as you can and take extra special care of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back