19 weeks and I'm not sure about my belly!

emmie01

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Like the title suggests, i'm about 19 weeks along, but I just don't feel like my belly looks like a "pregnant" belly.

It has grown for sure, but I have never really had a flat stomach. There is also a signifcant difference between my belly in the morning and after I had dinner.

If I press down on my belly it is still so soft and fluffy and my finger just basically disappears into it.:cry: Also, I can hold it in so much that it is almost completely flat. It is so frustrating!

I have a picture in the attachment. Do more ladies experience this or does somebody have an explanation?

The more comments, the better! :blush:

Love,

Emmie
:love: (btw i'm new to this site and i'm not sure if the picture is in there)

Attachments

• ehm.jpg
    ehm.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Looks like a bumpy to me!

All women will show at different times, carry differently and have bumps of different sizes and shapes, so try not to worry.

:)

XX

My bump has looked different each time and I've been significantly different weights too.

19 weeks is still quite early to have a noticeable bump for your first baby so I wouldn't worry hun :) One day you'll just pop out seemingly overnight and wonder why you worried :p
You definitely look pregnant to me though! xXx

Lovely wee bump there. All pregnancies are different, try & relax x

I am huge this time, but with my first pregnancy I felt much like you. This was 19 weeks first time around for me:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452804042.965715.jpg

I got a really nice bump about 25 weeks I think. It's your awesome tummy muscles! Rejoice that you've done so well and promise to do some sort of exercises on them after to get them back :lol:

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, lovelies! I guess you're right and I shouldn't worry. This does take some stress away. Time will tell :)
Tigger87, what a cute bump! :love: I hope mine starts looking like that sooner rather than later, hahaha.

Emmie I'd say your 19w bump looks better than that one did :lol:!!!! Funny how we perceive ourselves, eh? Xx

It looks normal to me too.

I'm on my 3rd so my belly is already huge, but if I pull it in it also goes almost flat. And it is still at the squishy stage.

I found with my first it was still squishy/fat until around 6 or 7 months, at that point it starts going a lot firmer and feels hard and you can feel the baby properly :)

Last edited:
Thats sweet, Tigger87! The human brain (and body) is full of mysteries innit, hahaha. - Phoenix85, really? It's comforting to finally come across someone who's belly was squishy too, even around the 6th month. I will just be patient then :blush:

you look exactly like me and I'm just under 19 weeks, only time it goes completely round is just before bed. Just been to a wedding this weekend where everyone told me I'm not showing, I think the shape just hides easier. Personally I put mine down to having a small waist but big hips so across the stomach its stretched a bit more. Don't worry about it just be thankful you can fit into your jeans a few weeks more than most :)

I'm 22 weeks and I'm squishy still. I can pull my belly flat enough that you wouldn't look at me and think 'pregnant', but in tight clothes its kind of obvious now if I don't suck it in. Except when I'm bloated - then I feel like a whale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back