19 weeks and I'm not sure about my belly!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by emmie01, Jan 14, 2016.

1. emmie01

emmie01 Member

Hello ladies!

Like the title suggests, i'm about 19 weeks along, but I just don't feel like my belly looks like a "pregnant" belly.

It has grown for sure, but I have never really had a flat stomach. There is also a signifcant difference between my belly in the morning and after I had dinner.

If I press down on my belly it is still so soft and fluffy and my finger just basically disappears into it.:cry: Also, I can hold it in so much that it is almost completely flat. It is so frustrating!

I have a picture in the attachment. Do more ladies experience this or does somebody have an explanation?

The more comments, the better! :blush:

Love,

Emmie
    :love: (btw i'm new to this site and i'm not sure if the picture is in there)

Attached Files:

• ehm.jpg
      ehm.jpg
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
    #1 emmie01, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

Looks like a bumpy to me!

All women will show at different times, carry differently and have bumps of different sizes and shapes, so try not to worry.

:)

XX

3. Flickalicious

Flickalicious Well-Known Member

My bump has looked different each time and I've been significantly different weights too.

19 weeks is still quite early to have a noticeable bump for your first baby so I wouldn't worry hun :) One day you'll just pop out seemingly overnight and wonder why you worried :p
    You definitely look pregnant to me though! xXx

4. Nutshell

Nutshell Well-Known Member

Lovely wee bump there. All pregnancies are different, try & relax x

5. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

I am huge this time, but with my first pregnancy I felt much like you. This was 19 weeks first time around for me:

I got a really nice bump about 25 weeks I think. It's your awesome tummy muscles! Rejoice that you've done so well and promise to do some sort of exercises on them after to get them back :lol:

6. emmie01

emmie01 Member

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, lovelies! I guess you're right and I shouldn't worry. This does take some stress away. Time will tell :)
    Tigger87, what a cute bump! :love: I hope mine starts looking like that sooner rather than later, hahaha.

7. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

Emmie I'd say your 19w bump looks better than that one did :lol:!!!! Funny how we perceive ourselves, eh? Xx

8. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

It looks normal to me too.

I'm on my 3rd so my belly is already huge, but if I pull it in it also goes almost flat. And it is still at the squishy stage.

I found with my first it was still squishy/fat until around 6 or 7 months, at that point it starts going a lot firmer and feels hard and you can feel the baby properly :)

#8 Phoenix85, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. emmie01

emmie01 Member

Thats sweet, Tigger87! The human brain (and body) is full of mysteries innit, hahaha. - Phoenix85, really? It's comforting to finally come across someone who's belly was squishy too, even around the 6th month. I will just be patient then :blush:

10. StephyLou

StephyLou Well-Known Member

you look exactly like me and I'm just under 19 weeks, only time it goes completely round is just before bed. Just been to a wedding this weekend where everyone told me I'm not showing, I think the shape just hides easier. Personally I put mine down to having a small waist but big hips so across the stomach its stretched a bit more. Don't worry about it just be thankful you can fit into your jeans a few weeks more than most :)

11. sammielou

sammielou Well-Known Member

I'm 22 weeks and I'm squishy still. I can pull my belly flat enough that you wouldn't look at me and think 'pregnant', but in tight clothes its kind of obvious now if I don't suck it in. Except when I'm bloated - then I feel like a whale!