18months :(

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by claire2602, May 22, 2013.

1. claire2602

claire2602 Well-Known Member

18months ttc :( i know in the grand scheme of thinhs isnt alot but im so exhausted! and to think those 18months have been for nothing as it couldnt have happened anyway :( down day xxx

2. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain Claire. I'm currently on month 16 and am really starting to struggle.

I'm holding onto hope that one day I will hold my baby in my arms, it's just taking a little longer.

Have you been to see your GP?
    Wishing you lots of luck xx

3. claire2602

claire2602 Well-Known Member

Yeah gp referred us. had 1appt at fertility clinic but there was no consultant at the time so couldnt assign one to us! pile of wank! xxx

4. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

Ooh thats awful!! Hope you get an appointment soon hun.
    My GP told me Mon they won't refer us until after 3 years - wtf!!! I'm fuming so that's not going to help with my current mood.
    Off on holiday after tomorrow so going to try to relax (easier said than done) then call them back when I return and get a second opinion. There is no way I'm waiting 3 years!

xx

5. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having a down day. It is so exhausting and emotionally draining to try for such a long time. I hope you get an appointment soon and they find a solution to get you your bfp xx

Mel, thats ridiculous to have to wait 3 years, you are entitled to some initial tests after one year. Have a look on nhs websites and on NICE guidelines and print them out and take to your gp. Don't let them fob you off xx

#5 lisey, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013