18 weeks but no kicks ?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Lil miss lee, May 7, 2016.

1. Lil miss lee

Lil miss lee Well-Known Member

This is my 4th pregnancy and I am 18 weeks but I thought I would have been able to feel baby kicking by now ? I felt him move about a few times but not felt it in a while now .... Don't know if I'm just being a para head or not ?

2. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Do you know if you have an anterior placenta? This made my kicks barely noticable until recently x

3. Lil miss lee

No I don't no. I've had my 12 week scan and they never mentioned it. But with this being my 4th baby I thought I would have felt a lot by now. X

4. Babyhnumbertwo

Babyhnumbertwo Well-Known Member

This is my third and I'm the same if that helps any. 19 weeks today. I feel the odd jab.

I also have a mummy tummy before pregnancy so I don't know if it's the extra layers for me too!! I have my 20 week scan thur.

I'm sure all ok Hun but it's no harm contacting hospital if want some reassurance xx

5. Lil miss lee

Glad someone is on the same boat as me I have mw on ties hopefully will get some reassurance thee cxx

6. Moomin21

Moomin21 Well-Known Member

Me too 18 weeks today and def no kicks. I think I've felt a couple of tiny movements but not sure. I was starting to worry too. This is my second baby, my 20 week scan is Thursday so I'm looking forward to that xxx

7. Lil miss lee

It's kind of scary esp when u don't get any scans other than 12&20 week cx

8. inky

inky Well-Known Member

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and have only felt a few kicks. It's my third baby so I was getting a bit concerned too, I had a reassurance scan today after having an amnio last week and was told today that I have an anterior placenta. Baby was moving loads on the scan :) I'm sure your babyours will be madly kicking away in there - it won't be long before you're feeling every movement, I'm sure x

9. Lil miss lee

Yeh I've had 4 scans already and baby was moving about a lot just thought I would have felt a lot more movements cx

10. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

I'm 22+4 and only just starting to feel kicks rather than flutters. Actually saw my belly jump for the first time earlier!

11. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I only felt flutters from 17 weeks last time. No strong kicks until later on. They check where the placenta is on 20 week scan don't they? X

12. D3bbie

D3bbie Well-Known Member

I'm 19 weeks and haven't felt anything yet. Can't wait for my 20 week scan on Friday x

13. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Nothing till 22 weeks maybe even later i think. Try not to worry they dont worry till 26 weeks in my area x

14. Flash2510

Flash2510 Well-Known Member

I haven't really felt anything, and the ones I think I've felt, I doubt myself all the time as to whether it was a little flutter or not! trying to chill about it as it seems pretty normal going by you ladies xx

15. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Also my placenta is at the back and even at 35 weeks i sometimes can not feel her moving on the inside but can see it and feel on the outside.