18 month old eating habits

BexTez

Reaction score
hi all,

My 18 month old is doing my head in!!
She’s a good eater if it’s Pom bears, yoghurt, raspberries or cereal but won’t really eat much else!

At tea time especially she just passed her plate to me untouched and says finished, and if I try to feed her myself she just gets worked up.
I know some would say don’t offer anything else, but I can’t in good conscious let her go to bed hungry so I try to just give an alternative of toast or cereal as something boring and she usually eats this. Am I creating bad habits? She’s only little!!

Has anyone else’s LO been through this phase and survived? She eats everything and anything at nursery, typical!!

Have you tried different ways of having food, as in maybe not in a highchair?
My lo eats much better when he’s walking about. I usually either sit down with him to eat dinner on a picnic blanket or set a snack plate on the table for him to help
himself. He just chucks things about when he’s in a highchair.

If she’ll eat everything at nursery then the problem isn’t the food. Try and replicate how she eats there maybe. Does she have a little table there or a high chair? Do you eat with her? A lot of the time they’ll eat at nursery because they see loads of kids eating the same thing. The other kids also probably distract her so she’s less focused on what she’s eating.

At this age I wouldn't worry about it. My son is 19 months and he's a pretty good eater but at times he will fuss and that's when I give him his normal yogurt. My pediatrician says yogurt is the best thing to replace a meal because it has all of the nutrition kids their age need. Plus their stomachs are still so little that it doesn't take much to fill them up.

Have you tried introducing her to new foods? I usually take a small amount and if my son opens his mouth from crying or yelling at me, I'll sneak it in his mouth just to let him taste it and from their I can tell if he really doesn't like it or if he wants more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back