18 days late;;negative tes

VeronicaLynn

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Veronica i am new to this site. I have been reading alot of threads on here and everyone seems so helpful and nice!!

Okay heres my story!

Okay so my last period was Nov 8-11 (which was a normal period), on Nov 21 i had unprotected sex he did finish inside me. Now according to a period tracker on my phone it said i was fertile on the 21st (on the 20th i was ovulating)..? i cant remember if i had ovulation symptoms or not. But anyways i missed my period for Dec. it was supposed to come around the 4th and didnt, but maybe 2-3 days before it was due i had kinda bad cramps but i took pamprin and they went away that same day i had a light spotting for 2 maybe 3 days at the most (it started very light, then rusty red, then brown). I have taken like 10+ pregnancy test all negative. I havent been stressed and my periods have been normal and on time. Since my missed period i have been feeling slight cramps, which amount to nothing and kinda moody and sore boobs. but i just dont know if its my head or its really happening i obviously know my boobs are really sore, but the rest i dont know. It is now 18 days past my period and im still testing negative. I just dont know what to think, could i still be pregant?
- i was pregnant back in june(miscarried) i test at 6 weeks not sure if it was 6 weeks and some days but i tested when i was 6 weeks and i got a postive result..could that be the case ? thanks in advice and sorry so long just extremly confused =]

Okay heres the dates :
LMP-Nov.8-11
Unprotected Sex- Nov. 21
Missed period Dec.4-9
Spotting-around Dec. 3 possibly through 4th

The only symptom i know of is no period
sometimes feel nausea (might be in my head)
i dont urinate tooo frequently

As far as i can remember about my last pregnancy is that we tryed and i kept getting negatives and got frustrated and stopped worry then around 6 weeks i took a test randomly and it was positive i dont remember having symptoms besides sleeping all the time.

***Also the spotting that i had was very light pink then rust red with clear stretchy mucus in it;; I have been for some time having a sharp dull pain in my right side im guessing by my ovary, and it seems to get slightly painful when im sitting. I have bleeding since my spotting which i mentioned above!!

Hi gosh thats a long time to wait for a period. If you are pregnant and you might still be without a positive urine test then you are around 5/6 weeks along (3-4 actually). At this time you can have an early scan as babys heart will be just beginning to beat.
So if it was me i would go to the doctors tell him that you think you are preganant and ask if you can have a blood test and a scan. They will probably give you the test and say come back in a week if no change.

I did a bit a reading after being 7 days late myself and there are many women who say they didnt get positive urine or blood tests until months along.

If you arent pregnant you still want to go to find out if the bleeds and right ovary pain are anything to worry about and have the dr check you out.
Either way its important to go.

Good luck honey hope all is well
xx Daisy

Hi, I hope all works out for you. When di you last test and what brand test was it? And you haven't had any bleeding afte the spotting? Spotting can sometimes mean implantation when the egg implants into the wall of your uterus. It sometimes takes some people a bit longer to implant. Also you body starts to product hcg once the egg is implanted, the levels double every cay. Some people have quite low levels and home preg tests don't pick up the levels. When did u last test?

There is another reason you could be late, perhaps an egg has been fertilized withnthe sperm, but hasn't implanted yet, or took a lon time to implsnt, which delays your period, as it is trying to hook onto the wall of your uterus. If it doesnt manage to implant your period will start eventually. If it implanted quite late on your hcg levels may be a little low for a hpt. I would test again this wken, use first response or clear blue digital, if still nothing I would def go to your doctor. Xx

I would test again in 3/5 days if no AF.

If you are still getting BFN then I think you should book an appointment with your GP.

I didn't get a positive on my daughter 18yrs ago....I knew I felt different so had a blood test that confined I was pregnant. Urine test didn't pick up a positive until after week 8....I bled quite a lot with that pregnancy but she is now 18 so all went well x

Robyn-the last test i took was about 5-6 days ago. I have taken First Response, Clear Blue, Equate, and Answer all negative :( I havent had any bleeding, or spotting after my spotting 3-4 days before my period was due. The spotting i had was VERY different from my period. Thank you for such detail on possible things that it could be :lol:.

TeeUK- i have read alot where women are saying they didnt test postive until 8 weeks. I plan on testing again on Thursday and if still negative ill test when i would be 8 weeks!!

Thanks to all the responses, give me a little reasurrance !!

UPDATE:
Yesterday(12/23) I have noticed that i was a bit more tired than normal. Also while standing and wrapping christmas gifts i got dizzy and it only happened one time! Hopefully these are good signs!!

Merry Christmas everyone ! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back