16 weeks night time back ache horrific.

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by honeybear, Sep 27, 2016.

1. honeybear

honeybear Well-Known Member

hi ladies
    last few nights I feel like I have a bruised back at the bottom where the tail bone is. it's so tender and painful but my back is aching really bad too it seems to be worse at night.

I'm trying to limit how much heat or p aracetamole I'm using.
    any ideas what it could be or what else helps?
    just generally getting alot of aches and pains especially into my lady bits x

2. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

I know it's painful but it's all very normal.. No wonder cure from me i'm afraid i'm just grinning and bearing it :( Extra pillows can help and they aid alignment, as your bump gets heavier it can pull you around a bit. A pillow between your legs, behind you and also tucked under your bump may provide some relief x

3. Papermoon

Papermoon Well-Known Member

I think it just goes with the territory. Like Kate said, try to sleep with a pillow between your knees and at your back, that's how I do and sleep on your side. My back is okay when I sleep, it's when I'm up and about that it starts to hurt sometimes.

4. sammh18

sammh18 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! Just heat works for me and oh is rubbing my back all the time. I constantly feel like I've got a bruise since I've been pregnant really! I've just bought a big pregnancy pillow the Long one and when in bed I fold it round my bum while I'm sitting and when I'm asleep through my legs seems to be helping a bit not huge amounts though x

5. honeybear

honeybear Well-Known Member

thanks ladies
    I have a pregnancy pillow and I'm using an extra pillow between my legs xxx