16 weeks midwife appointment

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Have my 16 weeks appointment with the midwife tomorrow.. Does anyone know what to expect and what to ask?

DH is away on a business trip unfortunately :( so I will have to go alone.. Is that ok?? thanks!

Hi, my 16wk appt was very uneventful. She checked urine, blood pressure, felt the uterus, and listened to baby's heartbeat. Then she told me when to book the next mw appt. This is my 2nd baby and I didnt bring my hubby. Having said that, I didnt bring him to any of the mw appt's with our 1st either as I personally didnt think it was worth him taking time off when all they did was check urine, blood pressure and occasionally took bloods. So I wouldnt worry that your hubby is away:) Good luck. It's lovely to hear the hearbeat if you havent heard it yet.
xx

Is the 16 week app one of the ones you have to book yourself?
At booking appointment she said there's certain ones that come through automatically and others you book yourself but tbh I can't remember xx

ab11 I had to book the 16 week appointment myself and then at that appointment the midwife booked me in for the 24 week appointment.

My 16 week consisted of checking urine, listening to baby's heart beat and blood pressure. Other than that not much else. X

I
Never take hubby with me - no point rally, it's all rather dull.
They check your urine, your BP, make sure your details are right and some listen for he heartbeat (although apparently some don't until 24wks)

Thanks! Remember the first midwife appointment at 12 weeks where I dragged my DH along. He was the only guy there!! haha, poor thing. We only talked so really boring for him :)

This one they listen to HB so a bit more eventful. :)

As well as doing the standard tests, these appointments are for the midwife to check you are generally well and for you to ask any questions you might have, so it's worth having a think before you go and making any notes about things you want to discuss so you don't remember something after you have left. I used to ask loads during my first pregnancy and OH came to all of the appointments. He has only come to the scans this time.

My 16 week appt is with the doctor. I'll be pissed if they don't check the hb! :rofl:

Thanks everyone! Had the appointment today and went fine. The HB was beating away brilliantly at 150 :)

Good luck on your appointment Summergurl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back