16 Week Midwife Appointment Question???

mdsremos

Reaction score
I was wondering what was involved with the 16 week midwife appointment as I have mine booked for Monday 7th November a 1.40pm and although I know the main reason is for blood to be taken but I dont know if I am supposed to take a urine sample with me and whether the midwife would be able to let me hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler or would it be too early???

Getting to the point where I am starting to fill out a little bit more now (look tubby more than pregnant to be honest), sickness is still here in the evenings and a funny sweet horrible taste in my mouth constantly but other than that dont feel as pregnant now, maybe its just that I have become comfortable and although still excited am just going with the flow.

Suppose I am just looking for reassurance that everything is okay and really dont know how I am going to wait until my 20 week scan in December, hopefully Beanie will have started to move by then.

where i live, you take a urine sample for every MW appointment - so it can be checked for protein, glucose etc.

you should be able to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks. i heard mine before that, but it depends on how the baby is laying in your tummy as well.

:D

I would take a urine sample too if I was you, and I got to hear my babies heartbeat for the first time at my 16 week appointment. She also took my blood for the downs/spinabifida test for me but thats completely optional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back