16 week check up went brilliantly.

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
So today was the day I was so worried about this week, I know I had seen the baby's little heart flickering away at the 12 week scan but that's not enough to assure you everything is okay 4 weeks down the line!

So today, the midwife found the heartbeat pretty quickly and said that we have a happy, healthy, strong little baby in there! So happy, was so worried as I'd smoked near to 20 cigarettes yesterday due to stress! I know, bad me but at least the baby is still okay!

Not smoking near as much ever again! Xxx

I saw midwife at 15 weeks and heard heartbeat but seems like ages till next scan. As I have no movement and feel a lot better its hard to think I'm still pregnant. Although looking at me and my awful heartburn to reassure me.

I've only had very little movement, only felt a few flutters now and then about 4 times. But for the past two days I've felt nothing! X

After a couple of weeks of baby bouncing roind like a nutter. The last couple of days ive felt hardly anything. And it gets pretty worrying. But thelovely ladies here have reasured me that baby is ok and could be having a growth spurt. Little Monkey already ;)

Im glad your appt went well. My midwife picked up the heartbeat straight away, spot on. She didnt even have to move the monitor haha. It kinda felt like baby was telling us it was still here haha. Xxx

Aw that's great news LauraMummyToBe, :) I have my 16 week appointment a week next Wednesday as I got put forward a week and totally understand! As although I saw the heartbeat at my scan a few weeks ago I'm always worrying that baby is okay - especially when I haven't had any movement yet, :eek:oo: - glad your mind has been put at rest, :) xx

Aww! MrsLG when you get movement you'll sure as hell know about it haha. I found myself talking to my tummy today cos the baby was just wriggling like mad and all I could feel was rumbles and bubble popping haha! It feels really funny and kinda tickles but it is so nice to feel. I never thought I'd feel it this early, although I am almost 17 weeks! :)

Are you finding out what you're having? Xxx

Aww brilliant! I had my 16 week appt yesterday too and everything went well and he picked up a lovely strong heartbeat :) although I am a bit of a cheater as I've got a Doppler so been listening in since 12 weeks! Only 3 weeks now till scan, yay!!x

Aww brilliant! I had my 16 week appt yesterday too and everything went well and he picked up a lovely strong heartbeat :) although I am a bit of a cheater as I've got a Doppler so been listening in since 12 weeks! Only 3 weeks now till scan, yay!!x

When is your 20 week scan? I've just noticed we're due on the exact same date haha! :) I couldn't have bought a doppler so soon, I'd have been worrying if I didn't hear anything. Did you hear it at 12 weeks?!

Also, are you finding out the sex on your 20 week scan? :) xxx

Last edited:
I did I heard it on the Saturday when I turned 12 weeks :) it's very fiddly to do but you get the hang of it.

My scans the 17th so not long, when's yours?

I already found out what I'm having from some tests I had to have done and I'm team blue :) you finding out or having a surprise?xx

Aww that's so cute! Congrats on the team blue!

My can is on 23rd so a loooong wait yet, we wanna find out and I'm hoping I'm team pink! Xxx

Aw not too long hun only the week after. Look forward to hearing which team :) xxx

I might leave a few ladies in suspense and only tell the few I speak to. ;) xxx

Ha ha yeah why not! It's really really hard once you know though xxx

I'm thinking of making a list of the ladies that want to know what I'm having then I'll just send them a private message on the day haha. :) Much easier. Xxx

Well you have to add me to that list, after all we do share the same due date ;) xxx

Aw that sounds amazing! :) Hope i feel something soon - would def put my mind at rest! I cant bring myself to buy a doppler either - too scared in case i cant find anything!! We are leaving it a surprise, :) good luck at your scan, :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back